O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Well gonna head out for afternoon fish with the Fog Ducker , soon as he gets his but in gear Mr Party party hahaha .. Gonna hit the Hump , nice 26lbr boy that probably woke you up . Felix get up !! ... the fish are biting . :cool:

Hey Marko good luck with the rigger ........ U should consider going across if your not into fish ...... Dad and bro are killin it over fingers, to entrance way. Lots of small ones too though. At 130 to 150 feet in the deep water

Good luck to you and You and F D

Chris - nice fish!

We picked up one keeper and lost a pin popper that didn't stick - Keeper at 140 and pin popper at 80.

Soaked to the bone....

Last edited by a moderator:
Put in a 12hour day today on the hump. Managed 3 keepers biggest 15lbs on no bananas at 110' on the rigger.

Nice reports guys. Slabulous Cannibal!
Was happy to get mine out for its first days ocean shakedown. Just did abit of crabbing. Gave away a crab trap to someone who needed it more AGAIN. at least, I've had so many stolen it feels like I just hand them out now...

I had a feeling that was you buds , shoulda told me who ya were !!
kick the tires a bit , your boat was looking pretty stylin as well , thank you...

felix
You seemed a little occupied and quiet. Now I read that you were just feeling the effects of the night before ;-). Next time I'll come over and say hi. We were just out for a boat ride and to test the Lowrance and Structure scan which worked great. How did you do?

You seemed a little occupied and quiet. Now I read that you were just feeling the effects of the night before ;-). Next time I'll come over and say hi. We were just out for a boat ride and to test the Lowrance and Structure scan which worked great. How did you do?

lol , party of the year night before , 2 hrs sleep , ya , was kinda feelin it ,
just posted regarding my new airmar transducer , worked beautiful yesterday !!
we fished for an hour at the hump , no action for us , just killed some time waitin for Reeltime's crab pots ta fill , which they did ,
pretty wet out there ,

fd

I was having dinner at the Yacht Club watching "white boats" coming to and from Burrard Inlet en route to the hump....was wondering it Hangover Harley was one of them. :p

Hey Marko good luck with the rigger ........ U should consider going across if your not into fish ...... Dad and bro are killin it over fingers, to entrance way. Lots of small ones too though. At 130 to 150 feet in the deep water

Good luck to you and You and F D

Hey Howard very happy with the rigger ... All ready to go on my tinny for some Van harbour fishing when it starts or head out further on calm days ,Thanks for the report . Cheers bud

Wanted to pass on thanks to the NSFGC for their work on the Vancouver derby this Sunday, including the bbq and weigh-in at 2 pm. Great bunch of prizes too.
Thanks Derek and Linda.

We didn't have an early start but did manage 2 on the lines. Here is a shot of my daughter enjoying evey minute of it despite the rain and chop ....she braved the lousy elements and never complained! This fish placed way down around 10th-11th but did managed a nice prize of prawn trap and bait pellets. A plus bonus for me was that I found out my daughter is a real trouper in cr*ppy weather, not just a fair weather fisher :eek:!!

imagederbyres.jpg

Chovy/glow rhys at 95 -105 hump - 1st and 2nd went to 22lbers and then the rest were mid-teenagers on down.

We got skunked yesterday for the derby, dragging hake around like alot of people were I think, rods don't even move when they hit, what a sorry looking fish. We did get into a school of coho on the west side of the hump, released 4 wild ones in about 20 mins biggest was about 50 cm.
Too bad today wasn't the derby day, beautiful day just a light SE wind, headed across to thrasher fished in 500 ft of water and landed a 15 & 16, both marbled springs. Also released 4 coho 1 was a hatchery all between 40 & 50 cm. Looks like the coho might stick around like they did last year

Nice slab Chris, we fished Sunday for the derby, the only thing I caught was wet feet. lol. Just upgraded the riggers to the hp ones which came rigged with steel, hope that's not the reason for the skunk. I did catch two fish with them Friday though. Usually run braid.

Back