O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

We caught fish.....Kinetic Green Flasher with blue spackle Hoochie @ 88 to 108.

And....trolling in well east of the hump this evening....hit 4 and boated 2 at less than 90'. Both that were bonked hit K602 teaser.....two lost....see the first sentence

We started early at the hump....2 quick poppers that we missed....then silent. Thrasher was the call and it was going off.

Limits

YOU caught fish on a hootchie?? Has the planet gone off it's axis?? ;)

Was over at Gabriola solo yesterday ,lines in water about 10:20am. Apparently Trasher/flatops had a great bite from 8-11ish so kinda missed that but still plenty of action offshore Trasher/flattops and Grande. Being solo I decided I'd keep my two only if they were teenagers or bigger so I was releasing smaller fish under 12 lbs. I got my first teenager fairly soon , a 16.5 . Action was good then slowed but as the afternoon progressed it became hot with well on past double digits fish on. My searching for a bigger fish paid off as I did end up keeping a 19 lb. and managed time move to a spot to get some bottom fish ( no hali though) . Depths ranged from 80-160 in 650-1200' water. Fish were all over between Trasher and Whalebone. Glow hootchie, spackleback hootchie, GForce spoon and bait as well. Fish interestingly had 7-8" herring in them. The only thing stopping yet more Chinook hits were some areas are infested with p-cod /hake over there too. For a while it was thick with those guys.

May 10 gabriola.jpgMay10 Gabriolabottom.jpg

Ya....Greg we found some good sized herring in them as well. Also 2 were loaded with those little sticklebacks I think they are called?

Nice mix of marbles and reds for us.

Nice job Greg! nice to be selective for a change eh lol
some good looking fish n chips right there,
I was off Grande and Flat tops most of the day too, Surprised we never passed or if we did I was distracted LOL
may be back out tomorrow, missed out on the bottom fish as we had to be back on the dock

Finally made the trip to Thrasher today and bonked 3 in about 4 hrs. First salmon caught in our new boat and to top it off my son brought in a nice red too. Awesome!!! All 3 on anchovies and they were filled with chovies and herring.

Thrasher was hot early morning till about 10am then slowed down. finished the day close to the hump at Roger Curtis baging the last of 6 fish, 15lbs was the biggest. Mainly chovy's in green glow teasers.

We got into some fish off entrance island today. Kept a nice 17lb white and released 3 and missed a few more. My retired friend is happy to get his first keeper spring today. Beauty day even with GPS problems. Thrasher is about a 40 min run from ambleside doing about 35 mp/h.
ga2emequ.jpg

Steely dan. I run a 17.5 double eagle with a 100hp mercury motor. Just pick your days and it's no problem.

I had things to do this weekend but.... the reports I read last night and a case of insomnia had me awake early. Nice day for a crossing. Went solo, kept one out of 3 between 8:30 and 10. Then things slowed up up until noon. Realeased a couple in that hour and swore I'd leave at 1. Had a couple of beauty 15lbers let go beside the boat. Great fighters, great day. Everthing picked up for me as soon as i switched to plastic from spoons.

I am so far behind on my yard work...

I had things to do this weekend but.... the reports I read last night and a case of insomnia had me awake early. Nice day for a crossing. Went solo, kept one out of 3 between 8:30 and 10. Then things slowed up up until noon. Realeased a couple in that hour and swore I'd leave at 1. Had a couple of beauty 15lbers let go beside the boat. Great fighters, great day. Everthing picked up for me as soon as i switched to plastic from spoons.

I am so far behind on my yard work...

screw the yard work it'll all die off in the fall anyway lol
or give it a yard mullet, clip the front up nice and short and the hell with the back hahaha
theyre here its time to fish

One from Saturday in the extreme conditions at Thrasher that were not for the weak at heart. :p

imagejpg1_zps76a0ae3d.jpg

Back