O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

We should adopt the right of way system the commercial trollers have been doing for years.
Boat with Starboard side to beach has right of way....
It works !!!

Just got a phone call. The fish are in close today and a serious bite started at 3 pm. A bait ball the size of half a football field provided quite the draw south of passage about 2 miles. 3 consecutive doubles for one boat in 1 hour. Other boat hit 4. Anchovies, Irish Irish Cream and No Bananas spoons all took fish.

Here's a report from a local shop. X2 on that Club Dub Flasher. Dead to rights I'll tell you that flasher colour does not matter, but I have fished this flasher and it does work rather well.

http://www.vancouversalmonfishing.ca/guide-journal/

Club Dub flasher? can't find it in the article........

What is it?

The one pictured.. "Without a doubt the hot flasher has been the Oki Big Shooter “Kinetic UV Jelly Fish Yellow Green Mist” or what I like to call the “flasher with the longest name ever”. Something about this flasher when fishing rigger depths of 125 feet and up, it seem to work incredibly well. All our fish were coming on this flasher , nothing on the glow flashers, so we put some more down and then those rods starting hitting fish as well. If you follow our reports, this won’t be anything new for you, this is one of our go to flashers for the “Hump” and “Thrasher Rock”. It is also nick named “Club Dub” so you might have heard us call it that before.

FishMag.....

well bless my socks.....I own a couple of those....yes they are a good flasher I used them last year in the summer.

By 125 feet and UP, you mean 125 and shallower? I was using them at all depths down to 200'

Last edited by a moderator:
FishMag.....

well bless my socks.....I own a couple of those....yes they are a good flasher I used them last year in the summer.

By 125 feet and UP, you mean 125 and shallower? I was using them at all depths down to 200'

Yeah, that's probably what he meant. 125 and deeper to 200. One really memorable day the side with those flashers was red hot......same gear...identical in every way...except for the flasher.

Ill be out tomorrow friday the 25th on my buddys boat. White sea-ox with alum hard top. FM thanks for the tip on the bait ball, hopefully we can find it!

For anyone who was trying to launch from Vanier Park least week and ran into that horrible mess on Burrard & Cornwall it's all cleaned up & painted now.

Not quite as easy to navigate as formerly (don't get me started) but you can still turn off Burrard onto Cornwall-you don't have to snake down Cypress St anymore like a few guys I saw heading past my place.

Fishing was great today went 3 for 5 from noon till 430. Chovies and hoochies 90ft was our magic number. Heard lots of fish being caught at 120 also.

Fishing was great today went 3 for 5 from noon till 430. Chovies and hoochies 90ft was our magic number. Heard lots of fish being caught at 120 also.

One boat hit double digits...he kept it quiet but was in the mix of the boats.

I heard the same thing too a well known older fisherdude

Yep. Nice when they are this side of the strait. I wonder how long we have this year...is the hump going to be quiet in 6 days? Thrasher next week?

the hump is like a light switch if your not there when its on then your there when its off,
at least at thrasher you can scratch out something if not salmon then a nice ling, rocky or hell even a chance hali
but its a 200$ fuel burn too, but I do like the opertunity of being at the hump and if its dead hell your halfway over
whats aother 10 miles lol so many choices so little time

sounds like the light switch was on yesterday. Nice fish had by a few! Nanaimo was pretty good to by the looks of it....can't wait to get out there, but still tied up with maintenance...

out Friday and today, yesterday was a beauty flat calm, 5 legals to the boat spread through out the day, from 8-10lbs kept 1 released 4, today nothing until 1ish then it was a feeding frenzy, 5 pin poppers 1 undersize in under an hour, all 8-10 lbs, kept 1 around 9lbs released the rest. also found a massive school of pcod out there that I thought was bait until I got a double header and brought up 2, bigger then I have ever caught one pushing 10lbs.

the hump is a funny place, when I find what seems to be bait on sonar I get nothing...fish only bite when the screen is blank lol

all on a mix of spoons/flashers didn't seem to matter what was down, all fish caught between 77-130ft.

I did well on crab too, thanks to a pm had to put a whole whack back. Realeased a couple of bordeline feisty bullets at the boat in a few hours out there today. Pretty lumpy, called her a day early and plowed my way home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back