O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

so whens the first date with regards to this pending love affair?

either detail a report or get a room you two (or three with pips ;))

so whens the first date with regards to this pending love affair?

either detail a report or get a room you two (or three with pips ;))

Haha......I wasn't judging! I just saw the North River in his sig line and made what some may deem an "educated guess". ;)

Heading out tomorrow for the first run of the year and enjoy the sun and calm winds (I hope) trying to decide ---blast over to thrasher or stay local ---I guess it's pretty early in the season so one place is as good as another ---will decide at the boat launch --got today to decide -- leaning towards thrasher and the longer boat ride and burn some of that stale fuel up ---unless someone wants to give some advise???

Out at Bowen, union bay, just one shaker and some hake, shot over to horseshoe bay, half a dozen boats here and seen one smaller one landed. Six crabs so far and yet to pull up the prawn trap! Beauty day out here!

Spent the evening at the hump, not a sniff. Like glass out there seen some dolphins and 4 lions come right up close to the boat, nice night though. Maybe a bit early for the hump?

Does anyone know if the CoV is going to replace the floats @ Vanier Park launch?

They've hauled out the old rotten ones @ the west launch and they're sitting on dry land in a heap and the East dock is untouched.

I'll try and call the city if I have time tomorrow.

Spent the evening at the hump, not a sniff. Like glass out there seen some dolphins and 4 lions come right up close to the boat, nice night though. Maybe a bit early for the hump?
Hump had its best bite of the year so far today, only problem for us is we were on the wrong side of the strait today:rolleyes:

Fished the Hump this morning from 9 till mid day...picked up these two on anchovies between 100 and 150 feet...beauty of a day!

April 13.jpg

Damn fishing, I wish it was called catching! Wrong day, wrong time, oh yeah and wrong damn place. Should have gone out today!

Fished the Hump this morning from 9 till mid day...picked up these two on anchovies between 100 and 150 feet...beauty of a day!

View attachment 11288

Nice catch ST ... So pumped for the season of fishing that's starting up , I hope that Vanier launch also gets fixed and maybe a little bit deeper haha ,not asking much . tight lines all !

As I'm new to all the location nicknames here, where exactly is the "Hump"?
South west corner of Bowen?
Headed out tomorrow and hoping to try there.
Better on specific tides or either change good?
Also, when everyone is out, is there a VHF channel that we fishermen chat on?

Last edited by a moderator:

"The Hump" : looking at a nav chart you might notice a large area south of Bowen where the contours indicate a significant rise of the seabed...I usually fish the side contours...not often over the top contour. Tide sensitive?...it can be...I prefer the slack and lesser tides. VHF...I prefer spending less time chatting and more time fishing but you can monitor channels if you like...good luck!

Hump had its best bite of the year so far today, only problem for us is we were on the wrong side of the strait today:rolleyes:

Yup....me too....landlubbin' it sucks...beauty of a day today...shoulda skipped work...lol

The hump is nothing special...do a search on here and someone has likely placed a map up. The general area is 35 square miles of water...now go get 'em. You are fishing for migrating Chinooks.

Bait is unnecessary...but nonetheless productive.

Guide boats are fishing predominantly spoons.

Tides? Never mind...just get out and fish at this time of year...you won't catch fish if your lines aren't in the water.

Get out there and follow a few guide boats around....

Yup....me too....landlubbin' it sucks...beauty of a day today...shoulda skipped work...lol

Find one labeled "rockstar" and stay right on top of him;)

LOL....LOL !!!!! Glad I'm not running that boat this year......but if it's a 232 Gulftream, a Sailfish or a Marlin....good bet it's a guide boat.

What happened to Bhemi? I haven't seen him around in years!!! Bhemi's boat is a twin of that boat.

My next appearance on a Grady will be a 33'....whenever that happens...just like the one in my avatar.

Back