O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

left the dock late, got the crab traps and prawn traps in by 10ish, trying to decide where to fish and heard of a decent report on the other side,
water was great, no winds forcast, hammers down
after a few passes we boxed the first one around 10lbs, a bit later missed another running deep 250+, then released an undersize off the back of the reef
a bit later got nailed by a little bigger 16-18lber and boxed that too
cleaned up the day with 400 prawns and 6 nice crabs
all fish and hits came at 100-140 feet, anchovies, hootchies, and 1 special little guy that performed very well withing 5 mins of being in the water
e2avyvum.jpg
pebe6aga.jpg
nu3anu6u.jpg
5ybuduna.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work ! is that coho killer in its mouth?...impressive haul.
Nope, sorry about the chitty iphone pics, not sure why sometimes it takes great pics and other times not,
But thats a CJ special Needlefish

i was out all weekend in the rain and sunny i was the guy in tunstall catching springs.i fish all year round
Fishing near Vancouver in the spring and waiting for a sunny day, just don't mix unfortunately. If you're going to wait for a sunny day, you'll never get out.

Anyone have any recent reports?

Saturday morning worked eng bay and west van till about 1pm...not a nibble, wanted to try the hump but the wind was blowing pretty good, didn't want to push the wife to much as she is 7months prego...great report Hookin'up well done, looks like it is time to venture out into the open waters

H....let's see..hump 26 miles plus trolling return...or 55 miles plus trolling return... Going to be hard to debate that now that Thrasher has a few around.

Looks like the plan for this weekend is to run over to thrasher and stay at a buddies cabin for his birthday weekend . Should be fishing hard sat/sun will have a detailed report when back.

Fished Tunstall this am through the tide change, released a 60 cm spring, told him I'd like to see him again in a couple of weeks :) Prawning was good heard that Searay was prowling Howe Sound, my traps were where I left them whew!!

I understand The hump was barren today and Gabriola is producing well...sigh.

Well, whatever fish were in that bay, weren't this past weekend from what I heard.

Saw you there in the grey or black nr. didn't see you catch much like all the other boats. You seemed to show up late so unless you got them all on the south side then no I didn't see you catch $hit besides for the budwieser buzz. Saw Jason from PA hook one next to me and one other keeper killed. Sorry but ya I didn't see ya hookem em.

Saw you there in the grey or black nr. didn't see you catch much like all the other boats. You seemed to show up late so unless you got them all on the south side then no I didn't see you catch $hit besides for the budwieser buzz. Saw Jason from PA hook one next to me and one other keeper killed. Sorry but ya I didn't see ya hookem em.
What day are you guys disputing? maybe opposite days
cant we all just get along lol winters over the fish are coming in daily

Back