O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Or follow XXX ........ Might catch more then just a fish lol

This time of year generally speaking fish the hump and surrounding area, 80 to 150 feet ...... U may get them deep or shallower but we do well in this range.

Coyote spoons of various colours in 3 to 4 inch ....... Behind flashers, leader any where from 32 inches to 6 or 7 feet. Army truck, blood bones , sparkle back hoochies are all good too, behind flasher 32 to 42 inches

Chovies of coarse too behind flashers 4 to 7 feet

Get out there fellas it's a happenin

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
We were out today, what a wonderful day to be on the water. Unfortunatley we only have a little Whaler so we stick close to land. Fished hole in the wall, the wife had a nice one on but lost it right at the boat, her first battle with a salmon. That was it for today. Prawning was real slow, between Sunset and Horseshoe I counted over 20 traps. We ended with 50 prawns and one legal size crab. We are happy, a great day on the water is better than an awesome day on land any day in my book. The prawns and crab make for a nice dinner for the two of us. :D

Was out over the Hump for the morning today and a short bit in Tunstall, no salmon, one little cod. No fish showing on sounder.
Pulled Prawn traps and only had about 30 in each trap, about half the prawns I've had the last few times out, only soaked traps about 6 hours.
Two other boats out a the hump too, didn't see anyone bringing any fish in.

i gonna get the hump if i don't get fishing soon....lol

Sounds good see you guys out there ill be in the 202 smoker craft hopefully the wind dies down for the morning.

Early forecast says dying down in the afternoon.

We'll be on a 33' Grady.....likely with smoke coming from the BBQ by late morning. :p

We'll be out too, not sure if we should start at QA and troll out or try and blast straight to the Hump if weather permits first thing? 18' Fiberglass Blue Top.

Tomorrow will finally be my first time out for the season. Sounds a little rough to cross so likely check out the hump as well.

Yeah....out of 35 square miles of water...this small little nub in 400 feet of water is the only place which holds fish. YEAH RIGHT. Forecast is for fugly....sigh.

On a positive note...it sounds like the rain is going to let up tommorow. Maybe the winds can lay down a bit too. Never know with weather forecasts. Just glad to be gettin out. Good luck out there! Heard there might be boat out there tossin out free smokies, just need to follow the smoke.

Ya,looking like short weather window in afternoon. Probably stay at the marker on the high slack and wait and see.

Yeah....out of 35 square miles of water...this small little nub in 400 feet of water is the only place which holds fish. YEAH RIGHT. Forecast is for fugly....sigh.

Whimp.....10-15 is diddly. :p It may affect the BBQ but sitting on solid ground is worse.

On a positive note...it sounds like the rain is going to let up tommorow. Maybe the winds can lay down a bit too. Never know with weather forecasts. Just glad to be gettin out. Good luck out there! Heard there might be boat out there tossin out free smokies, just need to follow the smoke.

Call in how you like your buns dressed. Hahahaha.......I said PARDON!

Iis the boat in your pic what you'll be on?

Whimp.....10-15 is diddly. :p It may affect the BBQ but sitting on solid ground is worse.

FM you gonna take that from
The boyz in pink

I'll be out in the Shine Box rain or shine this Saturday for the first fish of the year. Possibly Monday as well. Should be fun, I'm bringing a newfie with me lol

I'll be out in the Shine Box rain or shine this Saturday for the first fish of the year. Possibly Monday as well. Should be fun, I'm bringing a newfie with me lol

Lots of Cod out there.....see if he'll Screech you in! Did it myself on George Street in St. Jawn.

Back