O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

fished the cap mouth today for 2 hrs. landed 1 spring on a betsy gold with a kitchen sink 4" @ 90ft . pretty short trip, and lots of wood and logs in the north arm.

As my first post.... Who was the guy in the Grady who ran over my lines, snagged my third line, disconnected my flasher and then threw it in the ocean when trying to return it despite us telling to hold on to it until we were close enough? Then you took off without even an apology! Two weeks ago at sandheads.
You owe me a new rig (and an apology).

Yup.....your first post looking for a new flasher on a whim on a new forum....:rolleyes:. You may as well have kicked in the virtual door on your way in. :D

Would all Grady owners please line up!

If looking for a flasher....we have a classifieds section. :D

Grrr.....what boat were you in?

Observing the proper tack?

You care to elaborate as to the situation that spawned your witch hunt? :p

Tons of springs taken at the Cap yesterday betweeen 5 and dark on the flood.

Must have seen 2 dozen landed, with most of the fish I was close enough to see coming in on chovies.

We boated one, but a few of the more savvy anglers seemed to have hit a few in the 3 hours that we were there.

Get your fix while you still can!!

Cheers.

Must have seen 2 dozen landed, with most of the fish I was close enough to see coming in on chovies.

We boated one, but a few of the more savvy anglers seemed to have hit a few in the 3 hours that we were there.

Cheers.

thanks for the report!

so many questions

Yup.....your first post looking for a new flasher on a whim on a new forum....:rolleyes:. You may as well have kicked in the virtual door on your way in. :D

Would all Grady owners please line up!

If looking for a flasher....we have a classifieds section. :D

Grrr.....what boat were you in?

Observing the proper tack?

You care to elaborate as to the situation that spawned your witch hunt? :p

Just wanted to vent my frustration at people who don't know how to handle a boat, or have the manners to apologize when they screw up. Last time I checked someone making a turn right across the stern of a boat going straight in open ocean would make it their fault. If the guilty grady owner reads this forum they know who they are.

Cheers.

I should have stuck around longer i hit a fish around 430 ... pretty quite before then from what i could see each troll through the cap mouth . good to hear lots of springs taken later on .i need a spring fix alright :D Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to vent my frustration at people who don't know how to handle a boat, or have the manners to apologize when they screw up. Last time I checked someone making a turn right across the stern of a boat going straight in open ocean would make it their fault. If the guilty grady owner reads this forum they know who they are.

To be honest....you kind of have to take it for what it is. LOTS of space out there compared to somewhere like the Cap but people start foaming at the mouth about sockeye and lose all sense of smarts.

Had a guy last Saturday at the North Arm where there was TONS of space and not many boats force us inside (we had right of away) for about 3-5 minutes. He was pushing us into 3 tiniest that I doubt he could see over us...LOTS so space and he is pushing us inwards at about 20'. Finally had to get vocal with him and apologize to another boat who he forced us into their tack. Pretty sure he was a lawyer given the name of his boat ;) ..may have been a Seaswirl Pilot House or something along that line.

As my first post.... Who was the guy in the Grady who ran over my lines, snagged my third line, disconnected my flasher and then threw it in the ocean when trying to return it despite us telling to hold on to it until we were close enough? Then you took off without even an apology! Two weeks ago at sandheads.
You owe me a new rig (and an apology).

Reminds me of a guy last year, at the Qa/ bellboy who was pulling two dipsy divers, tacking north to south
When the fleet is using downrigger and tacking east to west

I found one of them wrapped around my downrigger cable 30 mins later

Reminds me of a guy last year, at the Qa/ bellboy who was pulling two dipsy divers, tacking north to south
When the fleet is using downrigger and tacking east to west

Is that frowned upon??? ;) :p

There was a guy at the Cap last year doing something quite similar.

Yeah and then there is always the guy amidst 30 downrigging boats who insists on having a centre hi-line back a 100 + ft and keeps waving guys off-go figure!!

Yeah and then there is always the guy amidst 30 downrigging boats who insists on having a centre hi-line back a 100 + ft and keeps waving guys off-go figure!!

Same problem at Sandheads last week, someone in a Trophy dragging a surface line out the back 75-100 ft… Guess not everyone is comfortable stacking. Certainly is frustrating when fishing amongst a pile of boats chasing the socks.

Speaking of socks, anyone been out to Sandheads lately or even a little further south towards Tsawwassen? I assume they're all but gone by this point. Haven't been out in a week or so.

Has anyone been out to the cap early in the morning this week? I have heard lots of Fish being caught early evening but not much about the morning. Thinking about heading out to the gong show tomorrow morning...

Has anyone been out to the cap early in the morning this week? I have heard lots of Fish being caught early evening but not much about the morning. Thinking about heading out to the gong show tomorrow morning...

Fitchy....with a high around 8:45 it may be good in the AM. Other thing though is with all of this rain I am almost sure the dam is open and the river is running high; may push a lot of fish up into the river.

Was apparently at 1' a day or two ago at wherever they measure the river level (a gauge somewhere) and today at 7'-8'.

Last edited by a moderator:
We smashed three teens on Saturday on the ebb before the low tide.

A lot of boats showed up after 10 when the tide started flooding, but we hooked up all 3 of ours before the low tide.

Give the morning a whirl, but have your chovies in the water when the light is still quite low :)

It's almost a season fellas...time to put in the fuel stabilizer for the last trip or two in the next two weeks.

Loads of sox entering the Fraser and a barge load of Chinooks too.

Some late Chinooks and Cohos around here in the next 2 weeks but our days on the chuck for the 2014 Season are Numbered in the teens.

It'lol be mid December before the keeper winter Chinooks show.

It's almost a season fellas...time to put in the fuel stabilizer for the last trip or two in the next two weeks.

Loads of sox entering the Fraser and a barge load of Chinooks too.

Some late Chinooks and Cohos around here in the next 2 weeks but our days on the chuck for the 2014 Season are Numbered in the teens.

It'lol be mid December before the keeper winter Chinooks show.
You're forgetting millions of Chums-or haven't you learned how to catch them yet?

Last Sunday just off the Cap. Right on the bottom, gave a good fight.
Sorry for the lag in time guys, just working alot

Robalo R235   2005 035.jpg

Back