Nog's Needle - The Good News

Great to hear orders are coming in and people are happy!

SmokinJoe, unfortunately the Web is the only way to place an order at this time. Our in shop pick-up service will be discontinued for the next week as I will be out of the office.
At this time, replying to forum posts will be limited. You can contact me (Nick) Via PM and email.

Orders will still ship within 24 hours of ordering, with more stock coming should we sell out quicker than expected.

Best of luck to all who will be fishing them this weekend!

I got the online order to go thru so hopefully I will have them by mid next week.

Got mine today, they look good. Just wondering what the recommended leader length behind a flasher? Or should I fish them like a plug? Thanks.;) eman

Got mine today, they look good. Just wondering what the recommended leader length behind a flasher? Or should I fish them like a plug? Thanks.;) eman

8 foot of 40 lb to 80 lb test from their web site.can run flasher or no flasher

I usually run spoons at 3-4' and hootchies at 2-3'. For some reason, all the BC guys seem to like really long leaders while all the US guys seem to run much shorter. Don't know if it really matters much for spoons but for hootchies, too long and you lose action (unless you use a jughead or similar).

Yes we prefer longer leaders as the flasher is purely an attractor and is not used to impart action on the lure.

The heavier test is as a result of the preferred action of the lure. A stiffer (heavy) test leader causes the lure to roll less. If the lure is rolling, you are going too fast.

The action of the lure is very streamlined, mimicking the bait it represents. It is designed to track straight, wiggling side to side. Every few seconds the weight of the hook and blade at the back causes the lure to dip, and right itself. This is what we consider the "strike moment" of this lure. A regular needlefish-like action, followed by a twitch in the lure, trigging a strike. This is best achieved running a dummy flasher set-up.

Smokin Joe, Order received...I will get them in the mail today so they arrive in time for your Winter Harbor trip.

Cheers.

Not looking good for a needle fish spoon for me in renfrew unless the mailmen are working overtime today anybody in vic have one they want to sell

Not looking good for a needle fish spoon for me in renfrew unless the mailmen are working overtime today anybody in vic have one they want to sell
I'll have 6 with me on Swiftsure bank. Would love to pass one to you but then we'd both have to clear customs. Maybe there's some other way...

Thanks buddy if I cant find one in town I might be giving u a call hopefully somebody in town can part with one

Got mine-- just as I was getting my red gear in order.... Next year will be the big tryout

Ordered up 3 of each for use up here in Prince Rupert. I'll let you all know how they work up here in the promised land. Of course, you can catch coho on an empty teaser head some days, so it's not always the lure!

I'm going to give em a good go this weekend. We worked way to hard last weekend not fishing. Heading out for multiple species and fishing hard this weekend and I'm going to run one a lot to see what we can come up with. I'll report the results next week.

Not having seen one of the little devils... would they be weighted enough to cast from shore, for those that don't flyfish??

Back