Nog's Needle - The Good News

got mine today. not overly impressed though. for the price we are paying they need to be packaged not just 6 lures stuffed into an envelope so they can scratch and rub in the mail. the finish on mine sure don't come close to the pics, ive tried wiping with soft cloth they have scratches and dull haze and burrs around the edges still . sorry just being honest

got mine today. not overly impressed though. for the price we are paying they need to be packaged not just 6 lures stuffed into an envelope so they can scratch and rub in the mail. the finish on mine sure don't come close to the pics, ive tried wiping with soft cloth they have scratches and dull haze and burrs around the edges still...
Two words-Flitz.

Oops that's one word.

got mine today. not overly impressed though. for the price we are paying they need to be packaged not just 6 lures stuffed into an envelope so they can scratch and rub in the mail. the finish on mine sure don't come close to the pics, ive tried wiping with soft cloth they have scratches and dull haze and burrs around the edges still . sorry just being honest

Fishin Solo...thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns.

With so much waste (garbage) when shipping, I opted to not package each individual lure for mailing. If this is something people see as a problem, let me know and I can make the adjustment.

Regarding the scratching and rubbing - These are plated with durable nickle plate. Smash the lures together and they will not scratch. The minor scratching you refer too is scratches on the base material, as it is cut, punched, and formed. I was very well aware of these imperfections, but since they do not affect the performance and finish of the lure, they were deemed OK. To elimate these tool marks would require excessive multi-stage polishing, something that was just not possible while trying to remain competitive in price.

Regarding the luster of the finish. These are plated spoons. They require maintenance. Use a metal polish such as Flitz, or or Tutle Wax to bring out the shine.

I'm sorry you were not impressed fishin' solo. If you wish to address your concerns further (refund) please contact me directly.

ironneedlelures@gmail.com

If anyone has ANY concerns regarding their order, please contact me through the email above.

I have a metal fabrication company in Vancouver and we make a lot of very high end furniture pieces that are often plated with nickel. chrome or brass. The key to a good plating job is metal preparation. The plated finish is only as good as the polish job. For a plated piece you have to first get out all of the deep scaratches and then work your way up in grits to 600 or so before plating. As Nog Needle said, that is a fair amount of work, but with the proper set up it can be done pretty quickly on small pieces.

Got mine today also.

Personally when I opened mine up my first reaction was WOW!!! this is one of the rare times I felt I got my $$ worth……..these lures are substantial.
Pretty sure with a bit of care these lures will out fish/last me if I dont loose them, they are very heavy gauge not like any commercially made lures I have ever seen.
Great work Nog!!
I hope they work as well as I expect.

I am going to order a few more before the marketing people get a hold of you and make you understand you cant make any money on a product thats not a consumable lol
The way these are built we will be handing them down for generations:)

I bet they'll fish well with minor imperfections, plating polished off over time, dented with the fish bonker, then repainted with a rattle can. Then order another half doz in about 5 years. We all have favourite spoons that have seen better days but still work fine. The paint on a large Tomic Spoon falls off easily, but they still work and they cost about the same. Think about how fast a spoon is fluttering/wiggling when trolled. The pea brains will bite it without judging the polishing beneath the plating.

I got mine today. They look pretty damn good to me. They are about the length of the herring springs are eating out at Swiftsure these days!

Mine arrived today, good build, great look, got a feeling I might lose one to a big 'un breaking it off, well worth the risk of attempt.... thanx

Great to hear orders are coming in and people are happy!

SmokinJoe, unfortunately the Web is the only way to place an order at this time. Our in shop pick-up service will be discontinued for the next week as I will be out of the office.
At this time, replying to forum posts will be limited. You can contact me (Nick) Via PM and email.

Orders will still ship within 24 hours of ordering, with more stock coming should we sell out quicker than expected.

Best of luck to all who will be fishing them this weekend!

Back