Nikka in Richmond is closing...October 31

They are closed on Thanksgiving Saturday for any out of towners like me looking more forward to a last shopping spree than the turkey with family. I phoned.

No worries. Just made my last online order. Some stuff that was listed recently is no longer there/sold out (cheap downrigger clips for example).

Hey Guys.....just giving this a quite revisit. Anyone been in Nikka over the past couple of days? Is it pretty much picked over?

Have one buddy who wanted to check it out but also a friend who wants to get some basic stuff for his kid's tackle box as apparently the young fella is a bit of a gear hound but wants to spend some of his allowance. ;)

was in there on Wednesday just gone
there was some bits cheap pink needle hootchies @ $1.
last few kone zones where 39.99 bit only few red colors left now
the had a few pair of small wading boots size 7 left $20 reduced from $100
and they still have a bunch of seafours lures @ $3.00 each

will think its pretty bare now

Hi Guys......thought I would pass this along... lots of good stuff going on with PNT right now...:)

Pacific Net & Twine Ltd.
New Employee Announcement
Pacific Net & Twine Ltd. Is proud to announce the newest additions to our team Scarlett O’Farrell, Derrick Mizuyabu and Nathan Tjipta.
Scarlett has a long history in the fishing industry, previously working for Active Guiding & Tackle the past 7 years. She brings with her an extensive product knowledge and a wealth of experience. She will be working from our Parksville location helping to grow the guide and lodge division of Pacific Net & Twine. Her main focus will be to assist Vancouver Island guides in receiving the gear they require for their continued success.

Derrick was previously employed Nikka Industries. He was with Nikka for the past 15 years. Derrick began his tutelage under Calvin Higano and eventually took over running Nikka’s sport fishing department. Derrick comes from a commercial fishing family and has a passion for both the commercial and sport industry. He will be heading up the sport fishing sales in our Richmond store as we look to expand and service the retail sport sector. Derrick himself is an active Herring, Prawn and Salmon fisherman commercially as well as being an avid sports fisherman and brings a wealth of experience and knowledge.

Nathan was also employed by Nikka industries for the past 5 years. Nathan began working part time at Nikka while going to school and developed a passion for the industry. His knowledge of sports fishing has grown exponentially in his time working with Derrick and he continues to eagerly learn. Nathan brings with him enthusiasm and helps to complete our sports fishing team. He will be working alongside Derrick to help meet the expanding needs of our customers.

We are extremely excited to welcome the three newest additions to Pacific Net & Twine as we look toward the future and expansion into the sports fishing side of the industry.

Sincerely,

Kris Nakashima
General Manager
Pacific Net & Twine Ltd.

That's Good News those guys were great when they worked @ Nikka now they need some more floor space @ the Steveston store!

Just want to pass along that Nathan started 2 weeks ago & Derrick started in the store on Monday.....With the addition of these guys and Nikka closing we are now the outlet for Kone Zone daisy chains in all 3 stores ...We will also start carrying Bauer prawn traps in both Parksville and the Richmond stores... More good stuff to come...:)

The Richmond Pacific Net and Twine store - it is in Steveston on Moncton Ave., couple hundred meters down from the old Nikka clock building.

Also beside Granny's if you watch Once Upon a Time.

Every time I go in there I feel like a kid in a candy shop....

I was wondering about the Kone Zone since Nikka shut down ,good to hear that the Zones will still be for sale ,gonna check the store out this week .... sweet ! :D

Just want to pass along that Nathan started 2 weeks ago & Derrick started in the store on Monday.....With the addition of these guys and Nikka closing we are now the outlet for Kone Zone daisy chains in all 3 stores ...We will also start carrying Bauer prawn traps in both Parksville and the Richmond stores... More good stuff to come...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back