new TV time

tubbed out

K boys its New TV time for Tubbed out ...

I know nothing about tv`s Gona go like 46 inch . Gona buy from COSTCO

LCD , PLasma ???? Brand names

things I need to no , megahurts , pixels ??????? not a clue ....

Nice Fish and Big Coast willl rock on the big screen

46" LCD Samsung has been a good one for me...
LED is the newest mass production unit.
wafer thin, hang it anywhere.

I went 42 inch, plasma LG, also from costco....only because it seemed like by far the best deal. Was $699 a year ago, now you see those ones for sale for $499 I think.

Plasma vs lcd vs led, I didn't really look into the difference...tv is big, looks good to me. I understand 120 hz is better than the 60hz I got, but the hockey game looks pretty impressive to me. I went for LG, kind of a middle brand. Didn't want to pay extra for the big name. But I would not recommend going with the cheap no-names.

Only feature I didn't get that I would have liked is a USB connector that can read multimedia files ... to more easily watch videos from the computer. But that's not a big deal, just use the cable.

You're gonna be so stoked!

We found that Plasma can be a problem with refection from light through windows , needs a darker room than LCD. Bought a 42" Sanyo LCD from Wallyworld ($588) a couple months ago and real happy with it.

52" Samsung plasma here as well. I'm with Holmes, it's a great TV. One thing to keep in mind re 720 vs 1080 DPI is that very few channels are broadcasting in the hidef range yet so while having the 1080 is nice, the TV isn't working to it's capability more than 80% of the time. Amazing for Blueray etc though.

Hey tubbed.

I own a panasonic plasma from costco. 42". The reason I went for it was simple I am a sports nut and plasma's have a faster refresh rate than a lcd, what this means to you is the puck does not get blury from a pass or shot.

Now down side to a plasma is they only last so many thousand viewing hours as for a lcd I think they go until they go.

My feeling is things are not made like they use to be and either tv will only last 10 years give or take.

final word is if your budget can handle it go for LED as it is the latest technology and looks pretty trick

thanks everyone for the advice

I went with the LG 50 inch plasma , really seemed like the best deal out there right now 579.00
Shes all hooked up but the HD , I needed to get the game PVR`d so I had to rush .

Pretty stoked ,,,, wings on sunday and the super bowl on my new big screen ....
perfect weekend if I can get out fishin on SAt

thanks again

tubbed

FYI

LED is still LCD but with a LED back light instead of florescent light. Thinner, but more expensive in most cases AND more expensive.
Stosh

I picked up the 42" LG plasma for my bedroom and have been very happy with it. Found the screen brightness would fluctuate on power save mode so I turned that option off. Great TV so far.

I went with the LG 50 inch plasma , really seemed like the best deal out there right now 579.00
Shes all hooked up but the HD , I needed to get the game PVR`d so I had to rush .

thanks again

tubbed

Great choice. I have the same one. Way better for sports. You may need to by dark curtains if you watch during the day much due to the glass screen and reflection. Non-hd channels are a little fuzzy, but I only watch the local news on those.

what ever happened to sportfishin bc, it was the only show that focused any interest in steelhead fishing. bob izumi and gary cooper just dont cut it for me, would rather read a book ... lol

50" Panasonic 1080 plasma hd bought it three years ago, great picture and no problems. I put a fan behind it to move the air around and recapture the heat

thanks again

tubbed

was that price from costco?

Back