New trailer!

Dan The Man

Hi all, just purchased a new to me 2004 232 Grady white Gulfstream! Super excited! I'm now in the market for a new trailer! Anyone have advice on where to go for a good deal? Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Daniel

Go to Mike at road runner-get stainless inserts on the spindles and do electro hydraulic discs and half rollers half bunks-best of all worlds.

Roadrunner in Richmond. Talk to Mike. He'll be at the boat show in Vancouver in a few days if you are here. Good time to talk to him. A word of advice (as also noted by SF) from a Grady 228 G owner, I'd go half bunk half rollers. I have all bunks and find it a challenge sometimes during low tides to get the boat off solo. It would be a little easier with a bunk/roller combo in a boat that size. Good luck and congrats. Great boat...

Remember it doesn't look good to go behind dealers backs. Dealers can say get your trailers off my lot if your undercutting my sales selling privately. When I called Mike at RoadRunner he directed me to Mike at Parksville boat house. If I wanted 10 or more trailers I think it was I could buy direct.

Half bunk, half roller galvy roadrunners are nice. Just make sure you hold on cause they come off quick!

Hi all, just purchased a new to me 2004 232 Grady white Gulfstream! Super excited! I'm now in the market for a new trailer! Anyone have advice on where to go for a good deal? Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Daniel
I have an 05 232 and my trailer is all bunk, no rollers, I think purely because of the weight of these boats the rollers will crush under the load
even my bunks are made of 4x10, boat comes in at 8800lbs+up depending on fuel and water on board I'm close to 10k,
and go aluminum too this trailer is pretty massive, steel would add considerable weight to your tow vehicle as well

Last edited by a moderator:
If the 232 is really that heavy might need a triple axle trailer. An aluminum Triple trailer saves about 1000 pounds.
Don't go by manufacture specs for dry weight of the boat. All that gear, Kicker, fuel, water, etc. really adds up. And I think you want to have 10 -20% leeway on weight capacity of the trailer?

Back