New sewage outfall off Possession Pt - Sooke

I just sent my letter to that link and here it is PLEASE send in a letter saying NO way that area is a very good fishing area and afraid it will create havoc on other spots like trap shack and beechy head as well........

I am O/O of a local Sooke charter fishing Company that supports the community of Sooke.
That spot is a favorite area for many charters and Recreation fisherman for salmon. It is a Major migration route for many runs of species of salmon, especially to the staging of OUR local salmon (chinook,coho,and chum)going up the Sooke River and many creeks to spawn.

To be allowing the dumping of sewage outfall I find this very appalling and please ask to NOT allow this to be done to such a pristine area and to our salmon stocks of the Juan De Fuca waters.
Please contact me for info regarding a town meeting on this matter.

Thanks Roy Carver Bluewolf Charters 250-704-9653

OK, it is time for all the people that care about fishing in the Possession Point area to take 60 seconds to write 2-3 sentences why this sewage outfall can't be placed here. I just sent in my comments and it was very quick and easy. Who knows what damage it will do to the local marine environment and the salmon that frequent there. This is one of the most important fishing spots in the whole of southern Vancouver Island. We need to fight against this happening.

Click on this link and write a few words why it shouldn't happen. http://www.arfd.gov.bc.ca/ApplicationPosting/viewpost.jsp?PostID=46087

If we don't fight to protect these special places what will be left for future generations? The time for action on this is now!

Just replied to the link above. This area is critical to the natural migration routes of Salmon. I advised them of my displeasure at even considering approving the application.

done....blown away by the idiots that came up with this idea. Sure, its a minute % of what greater victoria releases and may/probably does little harm, but its the perception of fishing in poop and that would be devastating to the sport fishing tourism industry IMH. Absolute idiots!

No one should be dumping anything...The fact even clover point is still doing it is gross. You know this is what happens everyone increases developments and just expect the waste to take care of itself... Build a proper treatment facility.

Done, and done.

Gross, we're not in china.....we need to look after our lands and water.
Anyway I sent my rant off. Thanks Guys for posting this info and link

Done. This is ridiculous. Come visit beautiful Sooke, BC and we'll take you fishing right off a sewage pipe. :(

Done, done, done! Why is it that a developer can't employ green technology? It's already in place on at least one development on the inner harbour in Victoria. It doesn't appear to be hurting their bottom line!

Yes, my rant has been sent. East Sooke Park right next door has to be protected from this crap also.

Given the drawing I estimate the pipe will end ~ 130ft mark off possession. Very close to shore. The water will be treated though so this might be more of an optics thing then an environmental concern. It's not comparable to the untreated sewage pumped off clover point. Or the untreated sewage discharged off the side of my boat by an un-named forum member during the halibut derby which matter of fact quickly drew the fish in.

I sent a letter asking them to take the pipe a ways offshore or look at other options primarily due to the proximity to the park. That adds huge costs though and given the location of that development I'm not sure how many other options there will be. It would be nice if they recycled the water through irrigation systems and toilet bowls assuming its potable water coming from the treatment plant.

Noo Kids!! Don't run in THAT sprinkler!!!

Lol it's gross but may be the way of the future. One way or another that water is going to end up in the ocean its just a question of where. Just wait home owners off possession will be pushing for a large RCA or closure off their waterfront property before too long anyways. Who wants to listen to boats trolling all day from your seaside patio?

This can't happen! I caught my very first tyee off that point in 1984.Gave em an earfull! Hopefully they're listening!

Back