New Salish 33' Liquid Metal Custom Build

Most of the major decisions have been made but a few outstanding items that would like some comments on the gunnel mounts

1) I am putting on Burnwein mounts. Was looking to put 3 on each gunnel so that I could run one rigger off of each side and have another 2 for other uses.
2) Also, another 2 mounts on the rear fish box so that I can add the Burnwein cutting table or pull it off and have access to another couple of mounts for additional rod holders. https://burnewiin.com/collections/tables-cutting-boards/products/cb5315-cutting-board . This board, in turn has two mounts for additional accessories. Anyone have experience with this accessory?
3) Burnwein has an adaptor so that you can use the Njord downrigger mounts. I was told to go with the black as the clear (silver) discolours quickly? Also, if you combine the Njord with the Burnwein mount, does this make the security bolt useless? I assume so?

Wanted to provide an update on the build. It is moving along basically on schedule. All of the wiring has been run. Have drilled all the holes for the Burnewiin mounts. Fuel tanks are in. Upper section has been wrapped. Seakeeper is being installed. Electronics are starting to be installed. Here are some pics. ETA for delivery is early June.

tempImageQd0URK.pngtempImagejWKZPc.pngtempImagenNgtic.pngtempImagefXMsxj.pngtempImageTdpfoM.png

Carbon fiber wrap along the roof trim? Looks sharp.

Most of the major decisions have been made but a few outstanding items that would like some comments on the gunnel mounts

1) I am putting on Burnwein mounts. Was looking to put 3 on each gunnel so that I could run one rigger off of each side and have another 2 for other uses.
2) Also, another 2 mounts on the rear fish box so that I can add the Burnwein cutting table or pull it off and have access to another couple of mounts for additional rod holders. https://burnewiin.com/collections/tables-cutting-boards/products/cb5315-cutting-board . This board, in turn has two mounts for additional accessories. Anyone have experience with this accessory?
3) Burnwein has an adaptor so that you can use the Njord downrigger mounts. I was told to go with the black as the clear (silver) discolours quickly? Also, if you combine the Njord with the Burnwein mount, does this make the security bolt useless? I assume so?
I have the 5420 cutting board and love it, very easy to clip in and out of position. The knife accessory is a good option. Amazing build !!

Pro Tech in North Van - who make the stern tie reels have a few other uses for Burnwiin mounts (see photo) I am mounting the stern reel off our Scotty mount.

They make a great BBQ mount system and that way you can move your BBQ to either side when you are docked .

They build the mounts for Magna, I had to get a custom piece built for our Sea -b-Q

Burnwiin makes a flag mount . I have one I would sell. I wanted to put the flag on the rear cabin roof but was overruled . My plan was so that the stern flag pole was not going to be in the way when trolling or just fishing. Thatflag position is acceptable as per nautical Etiquette

Attachments

• 1682592103149.png
    1682592103149.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Pro Tech in North Van - who make the stern tie reels have a few other uses for Burnwiin mounts (see photo) I am mounting the stern reel off our Scotty mount.

They make a great BBQ mount system and that way you can move your BBQ to either side when you are docked .

They build the mounts for Magna, I had to get a custom piece built for our Sea -b-Q

Burnwiin makes a flag mount . I have one I would sell. I wanted to put the flag on the rear cabin roof but was overruled . My plan was so that the stern flag pole was not going to be in the way when trolling or just fishing. Thatflag position is acceptable as per nautical Etiquette
Yes, my plan was to use the mounts for my Magna BBQ too, and have a mount in the storage locker for the BBQ where it securely lives while not in use. Love the idea of having a stern tie line reel that would also slide into the mount. Thanks.

I love the bbq being a permanent fixture. I never hesitate to use it that way. If I were custom building a boat, I'd have one of those Searay style built in grills, or at least a cabinet with a lid, worked in somewhere.

A quick build update. Starting to come together. Windows are in. Below are pics of the sink and countertop, lithium ion batteries to power the Seakeeper 2, Suzuki controls at the rear helm station, Burnewiin mounts along the gunnel, and Optimus controls.

Engines have arrived (3 x 300hp Suzuki's). Getting closer. Should be in the water for sea trials in about a month (mid-June).
tempImagejlT9vv.png
tempImage4OetvK.png
tempImageHlwz8P.png
tempImage5Y2pg2.png
tempImageWNCcbr.png
tempImageHlz8FT.png

Back