New Rod holders

Califbill

Out fishing yesterday, decided I need some new Rod holders. Down to one Scotty Rod lock holder and an older Fishon, except for a couple of lightweight spinning Rod holders. I guess to many have visited Davy Jones Locker. Reading about the Orca. What should I get? scotty Orca, Folbe, Scotty striker? I salmon and sturgeon fish mostly. Most of our sturgeon are 40-72 inches. Wife said, maybe a good birthday gift for my March date.

Scotty, Power Lock... Done and done..

Strikers get my vote also

Orcas for salmon as you can get the rod out very quickly.

Strikers for halibut and sturgeon as they are very strong and won't give out under the pressure of a big fish.

Just picked up 2 of each myself.

If $ restricts you to one set, I would probably put my vote on the strikers as they are more versatile.

Strikers are the only way to go.
Very tough.
I use them mostly for Hali fishing or when stacking.
Main rods go in the Scotty tubes on the riggers.

If you go with the Strikers, make sure to get the ones with the new locking side/deck combo mounts (Scotty part # 241L), unless you prefer a flush mount or non-locking mount.

Cheers.

When using strikers for trolling, does the reel end up in the Centre of the rod holder or do you just put the rear cork section in as you would in a regular rod holder?

When using strikers for trolling, does the reel end up in the Centre of the rod holder or do you just put the rear cork section in as you would in a regular rod holder?

The reel sits in the center of the rod holder.
These are bullet proof holders.
I never use the locks.

Thanks for the suggestions. Probably strikers and keep the scotty power lock I have for other times. I use rail mounts.

Back