New ACR should I rewire the far side downrigger?

prodjsaig

The acr will isolate all electrical power except the one side downrigger I have running off the start battery. Is it a big deal? Isnt it good for the battery to be drawn down and charged? will cost me 50$ to rewire with 10 gauge to the house battery. should I just leave it?

The acr will isolate all electrical power except the one side downrigger I have running off the start battery. Is it a big deal? Isnt it good for the battery to be drawn down and charged? will cost me 50$ to rewire with 10 gauge to the house battery. should I just leave it?

Will you be using your ACR mostly when the motor is running anyways? Or are you using it as a deck light to use while the motor is off? LED's are nice for deck/work lights. Personally I only use my ACR's as spot lights when the motors are on in the dark when docking etc..

Not a huge deal. They don't draw thaaaat much. Like chasing dreams said, you will be trolling with a charging circuit. Is it engineered how it should be? No. But will you notice a difference? Nope

10% vd is ok? with riggers or pot pullers if I were to run a line from my cuddy breaker to that side rigger it's a straight line from the cuddy breakers I put in about 10 feet. Just can't bring myself to do it.

8awg it is from the far battery.

Last edited:
So 8 awg from house battery to bus bar and 10 gauge inline fuse 10 gauge to the downrigger. Overbuild pay now or pay later is usually the case. Thanks for your support just you cant mess around with boats. It could end up costing you in the long run screwing your start battery or whatever else.

Yeah im running a new 8 awg feed 10' from the house battery to the start battery side. to two bus bars one positive one negative. Then inline fuses on the marinco plugs. 10 awg off all scotty plugs I have 4 downriggers now. Two on the back of the boat for heavy currents and two further up for leisure easier access to the downriggers when its calm out.

Yeah im running a new 8 awg feed 10' from the house battery to the start battery side. to two bus bars one positive one negative. Then inline fuses on the marinco plugs. 10 awg off all scotty plugs I have 4 downriggers now. Two on the back of the boat for heavy currents and two further up for leisure easier access to the downriggers when its calm out.
Not sure if you have seen the circuit breakers but it’s much nicer than fusing each separately.

Not sure if you have seen the circuit breakers but it’s much nicer than fusing each separately.
I did see that but I have limited room these battery compartments are a pain on my trophy. I like the idea of inline fuses can fit up to 40amp fuses and I got a set of ratcheting crimpers so I can put 4 crimps on each connector. Then polyolefin with glue heat shrink. If I had the room I would probably go that route.

Then im going to put in blue seas contura switches under the gunnel for the bilge pump and washdown. and wire inline fuses off the battery. Label everything so if im in a panic I can quickly swap out a fuse at the battery.

Back