Navionics app Ipad wifi only

TinCup

So I have had the app on my phone and it works great. But wanted a larger screen so I bought the "Dual Xgps 150a" gps receiver as I know the ipad 2 wifi only does not have one built in. I still can't get Navionics to get my location on the ocean, but I did some research and everywhere I have looked it has said the receiver i bought works with the app.

Has anyone had success doing this?

yes, it has worked very well for me. have you downloaded the Dual app for the gps unit to confirm it is being read by your ipad and that it is finding satellites?

yes, it has worked very well for me. have you downloaded the Dual app for the gps unit to confirm it is being read by your ipad and that it is finding satellites?

Yes i did download the Dual app and it was working fine as i was getting the speed and co-oordinates, just the navionics couldn't find me..

Same problem *fixed*

So I have had the app on my phone and it works great. But wanted a larger screen so I bought the "Dual Xgps 150a" gps receiver as I know the ipad 2 wifi only does not have one built in. I still can't get Navionics to get my location on the ocean, but I did some research and everywhere I have looked it has said the receiver i bought works with the app.

Has anyone had success doing this?

Hey Tin Cup

I had the same problem using iPad wifi with my bad elf GPS pro.
It's a location services problem. Go to settings/privacy and turn your location services off on the iPad. Then power down your iPad and turn it back on. Then turn location services back on. This should allow the iPad to find you location using the GPS receiver. I have to do this every time as I think when the iPad uses wifi to locate it messes this up. Only takes a few seconds once you get used to doing it.

Hey Tin Cup

I had the same problem using iPad wifi with my bad elf GPS pro.
It's a location services problem. Go to settings/privacy and turn your location services off on the iPad. Then power down your iPad and turn it back on. Then turn location services back on. This should allow the iPad to find you location using the GPS receiver. I have to do this every time as I think when the iPad uses wifi to locate it messes this up. Only takes a few seconds once you get used to doing it.

Thanks Kach, I will try that. One quick question did you wait to do all that until after navionics could locate u through wifi anymore (ie got to far from shore) or do you just do it immediately when you get on the boat?

Back