Cell phone holder

Earl Ledge

I had a cheap cell phone holder fastened onto my dash but it has recently cracked into pieces, it was just too light duty for the boat. I like to attach my phone in front of my helm when I get in the boat. It stays dry and plugged in up front while I go about fishing etc. If I was to fall in, there’s a phone at hand for my wife to call for help or perhaps a celebratory beer, depending on how the fishing is going. And sometimes I use the navionics app to look around, and it’s a backup.
Heres the question: does anyone have a recommendation for a phone holder that firmly grips a phone, is dash mountable, (a little drilling for screws is acceptable) and is reasonably priced?
The grip kind that click in and lock when squeezed and require the push of a release button to release the phone, look appealing. There must be good ones out there. The one I’ve pictured (off Amazon) is getting close, (and inexpensive) it squeeze locks but the base is designed for an air vent and may be time consuming to adapt to my carpeted dash.
Thanks for any tips!

Attachments

• IMG_0776.jpeg
    IMG_0776.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 5
tried several over the years , this one is only $10 , solid , super easy to use , 2 years and running , in my boats and service vehicles , guys love them
Can tire , princess auto or amazon has them ,

you will love how easy it is to put in and or take out , brilliant design...

if you dont put it directly on the windshield , it comes with a round smooth piece of plastic , silicone it somewhere that works for you , if and when you ever want to remove it , the silicone can be cleaned up , no biggy.... rarely comes off while driving , in the chop ,or the nasty washboard gravel roads were always on

good luck

Last edited:
Ram is the best. It is cheaper on Amazon than the factory site. They are in Seattle and will answer the phone and tell you which unit to use. I have a samsung note 9 in a case and they lined me up with this one and told me to buy on Amazon because they had to charge freight.

Attachments

• 20230809_075450.jpg
    20230809_075450.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 42
I find the ones that go off the air vents always fall off over rough roads. I have one similar to the one you show but with suction cup. Works great and has never fallen off.

Ram is the best. It is cheaper on Amazon than the factory site. They are in Seattle and will answer the phone and tell you which unit to use. I have a samsung note 9 in a case and they lined me up with this one and told me to buy on Amazon because they had to charge freight.
Exact one I use. Works awesome in my truck and boat!

I find the ones that go off the air vents always fall off over rough roads. I have one similar to the one you show but with suction cup. Works great and has never fallen off.

I bought one from Offroam for my Ram 1500. Vent mounted. They weren’t cheap but it’s rock solid. 11/10. Didn’t like the reduced viz from the suction glass and I didn’t want to drill holes into plastics which would inevitably wear out.

I use these. The magnet on the back of the phone is super slim so you don't know it's even there. And it's very sturdy. My phone doesn't fall off on the 30km of gravel road to the cabin. I haven't tried it in the boat yet but it certainly wouldn't fall off unless you are pounding on waves.

Ram X holder is the best. In rough seas it'll hold the phone rock solid. Been thru 2 on the boat. The Ram X is the best in my view.

I use these. The magnet on the back of the phone is super slim so you don't know it's even there. And it's very sturdy. My phone doesn't fall off on the 30km of gravel road to the cabin. I haven't tried it in the boat yet but it certainly wouldn't fall off unless you are pounding on waves.
I use these magnetic ones too and have been very happy with it.

Back