Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Great reports guys.. just picked up some experimental tackle from overseas , going to be giving it a go this afternoon, The only Irish cream that is effective in my boat is in my coffee :p , pretty sure that is just a guide saying for spoon X or Y that they all call Irish cream, hot spoons for me this year have been pinksink, yellowtail and TKO glow copcar..

RIght on Islander 55! can some one tell me minimum size limit for retaining coho in area 17? I threw back a 18 n 21 inch coho tonight both hatchery n one about the same wild.

No reports from last night?? it looked like **** on a pie plate out there??, nobody with a report?? action seem to have slowed a bit on the springs out front.

Dad was out yesterday most of the day, fingers entrance etc ........ saw NO nets out ....... zip on the radio ...... every one struggling ...... day before guys banged em. Hit and miss right now.

Was out last night about a dozen boats outside the Fingers and north, got a marbled 19# around 8:00pm, had another one on just after that that didn't make it to the net. Didn't see anything else caught other than undersize. May try again tonight

Picked up 2 marble springs last night #18 and 12# at the 800 foot mark. I finally found some bait and worked it 165 feet down. Saw a couple boats with fish.

Slight topic change. When do the pinks start showing up in Departure bay and nanaimo harbour area. What do guys target them with? Thanks!

Slight topic change. When do the pinks start showing up in Departure bay and nanaimo harbour area. What do guys target them with? Thanks!

You never know when the pinks will show up, somewhere between mid July and mid August. Pretty much none at all last year. They are done feeding when they reach Nanaimo harbour, lures are next to useless, except to snag. Small pink or chartreuse flies are the ticket. You can make your own or buy them from gone fishin or wholesale sports in Nanaimo.

Back