Mysterious Holes In Lawn..

Seafever

Every so often (including today) I go out on the back lawn in the morning and there are holes all over the place.
Not very deep and not all that wide. Like the lawn has been pulled up like a chunk of carpet.

Say about up to 10 inches round by 2 inches deep.

Don't have a trailcam yet so can't take a photo.

I'm thinking might be Raccoons looking for some kind of grub..

Has this happened to you?

Racoons and skunks at night and the birds during the day. I have a small patch in my yard also.

Mike

Look any thing like thisIMG_2367.JPG If so it's raccoons going after grubs. Sorry about photos can't seem to get them right side up.

Attachments

• IMG_2397 (1).JPG
    IMG_2397 (1).JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 38
My parents just went through that with raccoon and skunks going after the grubs that were as large as a loonie
they had to order some kind of other bug that eats grubs from the states, that was a year ago and no more coons or skunks

We have also had the raccoons tearing up the lawn going after the Chafer Beetle grubs.
Also had moles tunnelling just below the grass, leaving behind some holes and lots of grass 'speed bumps'.
I tried Critter Ridder sprinkled on the lawn, but it doesn't last long, especially if it rains.

Apparently if you spread and cultivate nematodes on the lawn they attack and kill the chafer grubs.
Last year there was a very low supply of them around because a lot of people were purchasing them.
Try your local garden canter and ask them.

dont get rid of the mmmmmmoles!!! they eat the grubs!

Chafer beetles for sure, Raccoons at night and crows during the early morning and late evening hours are the culprits

Back