My testimony before the Fisheries Standing Committee

cohochinook

I was asked to testify before the Fisheries Standing Committee last week in the House of Commons. Here is a short clip of some of the questioning that Bob Zimmer posted:

I was asked to testify before the Fisheries Standing Committee last week in the House of Commons. Here is a short clip of some of the questioning that Bob Zimmer posted:

we all appreciate this, what's really important is that everyone is now aware that the DFO and Ministry were no longer following scientific principles and guidelines or working for Canadians, but rather they are being influenced by ENGOs with deep foreign funding and personal agendas, the closed door meetings with these ENGOs and no minutes being taken is totally unacceptable, the ministry and DFO are departments that work for Canadian public and not the foreign ENGOS. Thanks again

I know I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Thank you to all of you that work so hard at keeping this fishery alive for all Canadians that enjoy it. I am so grateful for the time and effort you all put in this for us.

My dream is to one day start to take my grandchildren out on the west coast and let them enjoy and soak up some of that beauty bounty there is to be had out there. As did my father when I was young and as I did with my children. The way things have been going the last few years I’m not sure that’s going to be possible or for some of us that travel so far and the cost involved with that if it would be worth it. It will only be possible with people like you. That is something special out there for sure and so dear to many of us whether we live there or not makes no difference it’s still precious to many of us.

So from me, my children and grandchildren, keep up the hard work people and I tip my hat to you.

Back