The Way DFO Plays

IronNoggin

Kind of a Head's Up here for the Recreational Sector...

For many years now, DFO has pushed Area G Troll into an ever shrinking corner.
Cuts to allocation.
Cuts to timing. Last year that fleet had but a little better than a TWO WEEK season.
Painfully lowball offers of "buy back" propositions.
And of course much MUCH more.

This was all based on an Agenda to drive Area G off the water.
And after this last week's meetings between the two, it looks like that end may have finally been realized.
DFO informed the Area G Directors that due to their inability to catch their quota (directly due to DFO's actions to ensure just that) the average outstanding balance of that was going to be stripped from them and handed over to the FN sector.
Adding insult to injury, they also noted said FN's will be allowed to fish the time period Area G is closed down (for "conservation concerns") immediately before Area G could fish.

Most I have spoken to are selling out.

The Recreational Sector might want to take a long hard look at these antics with a view towards determining the Agenda in play in their own direction...

Sad times...

Kind of a Head's Up here for the Recreational Sector...

For many years now, DFO has pushed Area G Troll into an ever shrinking corner.
Cuts to allocation.
Cuts to timing. Last year that fleet had but a little better than a TWO WEEK season.
Painfully lowball offers of "buy back" propositions.
And of course much MUCH more.

This was all based on an Agenda to drive Area G off the water.
And after this last week's meetings between the two, it looks like that end may have finally been realized.
DFO informed the Area G Directors that due to their inability to catch their quota (directly due to DFO's actions to ensure just that) the average outstanding balance of that was going to be stripped from them and handed over to the FN sector.
Adding insult to injury, they also noted said FN's will be allowed to fish the time period Area G is closed down (for "conservation concerns") immediately before Area G could fish.

Most I have spoken to are selling out.

The Recreational Sector might want to take a long hard look at these antics with a view towards determining the Agenda in play in their own direction...

Sad times...
Well, if the People keep voting for the Federal Liberals and the Federal NDP.

Then add to this voting for the Provincial NDP the end is nigh.

All the above party’s have and will give this resource to the FN.

All the years of doing the same thing over and over have put us in this position.

So, I think if the SportsAnglers do not start to really fight for some rights now it will be to late real soon.

Time to think what party you vote for. Commercial access rules should be the same for all harvesters. Of course FSC should be separate and a priority. Hard pill to swallow when one user group gets priority access with no "conservation " concerns.

The party I vote for is not applicable in this case.

The FN's have been commercially fishing right through Area G's "conservation closures" for years now.
Simply being expanded even further at this point.

Whole damn thing is a Travesty directly effecting fishermen, their families and their communities....

Hope those responsible rot in hell.

Nog

The DFO mandate for aquaculture and reconciliation has been pervasive and ongoing for quite some time. None of this is new, or newsworthy, but rather just more of the same. I see people here spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on boats to catch salmon and I just shake my head. I guess if you have that kind of loose change you can spend it how you want.

Voting for one party or another may delay the result, but the only way to stop them taking our fishery away is going to be through the courts.
We need a legally binding access to the fishery that the governments and DFO cannot hand over to someone else.
I have donated to the Port Renfrew case. Have you? If you have, good for you, if not you should.

Back