my project

saddlemaker

I thought some of you may like to see some pics of our boat that i made over the last while. Got it in some lakes last year and now getting rigged for salt water . Just installed two scotty downriggers, vhf radio, I am hoping to chase some salmon with this summer. It is 19 'long and powered by a 70hp 4 stroke outboard. It is strip built with recycled dougleas fir from our community water tower. Epoxy and fiberglassed inside and out.

Cool lines - looks like a small lobster boat.
How about some interior and stern/bow pictures.
Thanks
Stosh

here are a couple more pics. Trying to get some more off of my phone. The hull is my own variation of an eastcoast oceanpointer. 19' 6" length 7'4" beam . strip built with 3/4x 1" strips. Probably over built :)
20170410_075752_zpsmqvdwpir.jpg
[URL=http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/saddlemaker/media/20170410_075625_resized_2_zpscbkophpj.jpg.html]
20160627_195242_zpsl2bp9xj7.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Way too m
Great project! Pretty lines on that boat. Wood decks are beautiful. I assume you have a good palm sander!
way too much sanding. That was probably the most tedious part. I have new appreciation for auto body guys and the finish they get. But am thankful for Makita and Porter Cable sanders

Nice looking boat,west system epoxy I assume?Kind of reminds me of a "Bill Garden" design,Narrow,sharp entry,and fairly flat in the stern.Should cut through chop pretty well.

Thanks every one for your comments, Building a boat has been a dream of mine for a longtime. My boating experience has been very limited however I decided if I didn't start it would never happen. So it became my midnight project. Google was my best friend. Not sure of the hours as I didn't keep track. If my spare time had an hourly shop rate it would be far cheaper to buy a factory boat. :) In terms of dollars spent excluding power and trailer about $4000. Biggest expense was epoxy as the wood was almost free.
The interior is a basic v berth ,with storage underneath. Not ready for pics. I still have to make cushions for it. There is room for a" bucket" . Big enough for two guys to sleep out of the weather. Also working on a bimini top.

Last edited:
Back