SOLD - Dorman Point is for sale

Dorman Point

For Sale – Dorman Point

Dorman Point is a heavily-built, very capable little boat. Designed and built locally, she is extremely stable and a very good sea boat. Upon construction, she underwent a successful flooding/flotation test in accordance with Transport Canada guidelines. She is exceptionally economical to run and maintain. A fantastic little fishing boat!

Asking $15,000.00

19’ fibreglass fishing boat

Built by L&M Marine Inc. (Port Moody, BC) in 2008

Clinker-style, round bilge displacement, 6 knot hull speed

The boat is fully beachable. She has a full skeg with hardwood keel shoe and bilge keels

Longitudinal foam-cored fiberglass stringers

Coremat cored fiberglass deck structure

Engine: 3 cylinder Beta Marine, model B-25HE (Kubota block), 25hp at 3600rpm

Approximately 2700 hours on engine (digital hour meter display disappeared at 2588 hours, have deduced approximate hours from last seen meter display and a detailed ships log).

Gear: PRM80D2, 2.6:1 gear ratio

Lo-Rez Vibration Control Ltd. BR1-L-65 isolator engine mounts

81 litre fuel tank (5052 aluminum)

3 blade bronze propeller

AJR windows, port/starboard side windows are top-hinged and open “gull-wing” style

Custom-built, commercial grade hydraulic pot-hauler which is run off PTO

Bus heater

Lowrance Elite 9ti sounder/chart plotter

Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio

ComNav 1420 autopilot

Ritchie magnetic compass

12 volt house and starting batteries

New UFlex steering cable installed 2022

Bilge pumping arrangement: two automatic, one manual Whale Gusher MK3

Raw water washdown pump

Rigged for Scotty rodholders and electric downriggers (not included)

Cockpit deck light

Removable stern bench-seat

Removable wooden fish-cleaning table

Ground tackle: folding grapnel-style emergency anchor, 12’ 3/8” chain, 250’ ½” braided nylon rode

Canvas bimini top on stainless steel tube framing, 3 piece canvas drop curtain to enclose wheelhouse

1681170491761.png1681170509042.png1681170529099.png1681170547443.png1681170562039.png1681170578692.png1681170594194.png

Damn this is a cute little boat. Ultimately, I'd like something like this but just a bit bigger for overnighting through the gulf islands/desolation.

Damn this is a cute little boat. Ultimately, I'd like something like this but just a bit bigger for overnighting through the gulf islands/desolation.
Thanks. I realize she’s not for everyone, but she is going to be a super little fishing boat for someone. Go anywhere, in any weather.

I have drooled over this boat for years. if it wasn’t for the fact i do west coast trips and desolation trips i would buy this in a second. 90% of my fishing is five minutes from my house.

dang..
Those last two pics are of her on the West Coast a few years ago. Took her out to Barkley Sound and camped on Gilbert Island, and fished right around the corner. Great trip and she was in her element out there.

Back