My Neighbours Hate Me!

The uniformity looks pretty decent. one or two small patches with a SLIGHT bare-ish spot, but you really gotta look for it. after vacuum.png

The sand product i used is called SoftSand.. Made in the US. I completely emptied 1 pint, and cracked a second (used maybe an ounce). After sweeping up the leftover i recouped over half a pint. This stuff goes a long ways

i would like to know the weight of this engine cover. Seems heavy.
I used to take mine and put it onto the dock when I worked on my engine.
I think mine was all fiberglass, molded in the factory, and probably no wood inside of it either.
Was very strong, never cracked or sagged.
I see the non slip on top, and that is a good idea for walking on top of it.

i would like to know the weight of this engine cover. Seems heavy.
I used to take mine and put it onto the dock when I worked on my engine.
I think mine was all fiberglass, molded in the factory, and probably no wood inside of it either.
Was very strong, never cracked or sagged.
I see the non slip on top, and that is a good idea for walking on top of it.

I don't know the total weight, but if i had to guess to would be about 100-125lbs.

Sanded the first coat of paint with 400 grit and applied the second coat. (don't mind the dust marks on the window :p)
It's pretty much there now! All that's left is installing the plastic runners and some hinges and handles. That can be done on the boat itself.. That's it for patio work! I must say.. this Alexseal paint is pretty fantastic. Granted it's the first time i'm using marine paint.. but still, it flows out very nicely and the finish is very smooth and glossy.. Factory like

secondpaply.png second side.png second3.png second 2.png

Plastic runners and trim installed. I need to do some work on the trim. It was advertised to fit 0.5” edge but I’m really struggling to make it fit nicely

Well, it's finally finished. Took it out for a test drive yesterday and it looked so good that it looked out of place. Next project will be to match the bottom of the side seats to this box. The cushions still have a 4 weeks leadtime and I'll post a pic when they arrive.
Thanks for tuning in!
done1.png done2.png

Well, it's finally finished. Took it out for a test drive yesterday and it looked so good that it looked out of place. Next project will be to match the bottom of the side seats to this box. The cushions still have a 4 weeks leadtime and I'll post a pic when they arrive.
Thanks for tuning in!
View attachment 53097 View attachment 53098

Great job, nice work, I knew you could do it! :)

Oh one more note I'll share with everyone..
I applied 3 coats of topcoat paint.. The first two were rolled on. I'm not sure why this happened, but the second coat revealed hundreds of tiny little air bubbles. I thought they would 'go away' after flowing out, but nope. So sanded it down and this time, i had a friend help me tip the paint with a brush after rolling. Basically he followed me around the box brushing out all the bubbles i had rolled on while the thinner hadn't flashed off yet. I was worried this would leave brush makrs, but as long as we were quick, it was okay. We even had to add more thinner to the paint about halfway through to make sure the brush marks would flash off.
The results were great and we had 0 air bubbles on the third coat.
Whenever I paint something now, tipping will be the way to go.

it looks like it's missing something for those late night booze cruises. See attached.

All jokes aside looks awesome. You could really send it casting from that platform.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200519-194335_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200519-194335_Gallery.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 61
Back