My cabin is getting a little Snugger

Great mod John, Sculpin is one very rigged boat....................big time envious

len

PS will have 2 run the heaterz full to get tat non-ferrous to prevent heat transfer that Aluminum is notorious 4,,,,,lol

Great mod John, Sculpin is one very rigged boat....................big time envious

len

PS will have 2 run the heaterz full to get tat non-ferrous to prevent heat transfer that Aluminum is notorious 4,,,,,lol

Thanks Len I'm trying for sure.

Tonight I got the main unit bracket mounted. I cut the hole and mounted the exhaust thruhull fitting in (I almost cried as that is the biggest hole I have ever cut into my hull). I then proceeded to break 4 pilot bit's hole sawing through bulkhead's for the ducting. While doing so my sonic hub system starting acting up so no tunes!!! I called it a night and will post up hopefully better results tomorrow.

Cheers,
John

Very cool (or should I say hot) mod Sculpin. I wish I could put one of those in my boat for winter spring fishing. Thanks for posting all the mods as I gives other guys some good ideas.

Well I cut lot's of hole's in her tonight. I hope she still loves me lol.

IMG_2300.jpg

Nice and almost flush mounted disfussers.

IMG_2301.jpg

The main cabin difusser mounted on the face of the seat.

IMG_2305.jpg

The exhaust thru hull fitting mounted and modified so that it points up now to keep the upside down trap tucked behind the seating area.

IMG_2308.jpg

John
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone want's one of these neat little units call the Harbour Chandler and ask for Kevin Perkins. He will give you the low down on pricing and installation cost's etc. if needed.

Here is the tank layout to fit behind the door outside. All you mathematicians can probably figure out the gallons ha ha.

Plan view (that's a 7 by the way for the width)
IMG_2318.jpg

Elevation view
IMG_2319.jpg

John

No need 4 cuddle'n on tat craft, Eh John

Keep that shiz off & warm up on the action Sculpin iz notorious Four

Len

Here is the fuel tank for the heater all tacked up and ready to be tig welded.

IMG_2322.jpg

All tigged up using high frequency pulsed tig.

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

I cut some 3/8 thick rubber to lay on the deck for vibration etc. and to keep the tank from getting schaffed from the aggressive deck paint.

IMG_2335.jpg

Continued............

Here is a shot showing the aggressive angle on the tank to suit the door being in the open position.

IMG_2334.jpg

Here she is all installed through the cabin bulkhead to keep it in place and to be able to remove it if needed.

IMG_2336.jpg

I installed a filler station on the Port side just like my filler station on the Starboard side for fuel c/w vent.

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

The unit is just about ready to go. I will hook up the hoses tomorrow. I plan on dropping my gal onto the trailer as well and taking her for a little dip to mark the new water line so I can finally redo my bottom paint.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice tig'n John
Iz u'r welder a built in high freak machine or is it a external square wave box
nice work BRa

Kh

Nice tig'n John
Iz u'r welder a built in high freak machine or is it a external square wave box
nice work BRa

Kh

It's built in. It's an older Miller Syncrowave 350. Big machine with old technology. Still works great. Watercooled torch.

It's built in. It's an older Miller Syncrowave 350. Big machine with old technology. Still works great. Watercooled torch.

Great machine, had one till I had 2 sell it cuz lack of coin. 80 percent duty cycle @ max, as I recollect..........

Great machine, had one till I had 2 sell it cuz lack of coin. 80 percent duty cycle @ max, as I recollect..........

Yeah something like that. She has served us well for about 20 years now.

I may change up some things with the tank now. I have been informed that the rubber is a no no and will cause corrosion issues with the aluminum over time if moisture is present (which it will be for sure). I had some issues with the filler nozzle and that damn fuel line is not very flexible. I don't like the way it's all lining up so I may rip it out and change the angle of the filler nozzle. Them's the brakes sometimes.

I'll have to keep an eye out down at the ramp this year and check-out your rig Sculpin...If it's chilly I'll ask to turn your heater on!!!!

Well I had a good day today and got a lot done. I got everything hooked up electrical wise, the pump, and all the ducting. I put 5 gallons of diesel in the tank and I don't think it's even 3/4 full. I ran her and it works awesome!!! This is a major addition to my vessel and I am very happy.

Here's some photos of it all installed.

I used this muffler goop for the joints of the exhaust system with clamps and wrapped it with heat cloth.

IMG_2375.jpg

The overview.

IMG_2378.jpg

The intake air.

IMG_2379.jpg

I had to add a piece of aluminum plate to fill the big hole from the old propane POS furnace that came with her. I mounted the intake vent on the front of that and mounted the heater vent as low as I could on the right side of the picture.

IMG_2380.jpg

Continued.........

Here is the "y" just before going under the passenger side front air ride seat.

IMG_2381.jpg

Running up under the seat and through the dash bulkhead.

IMG_2382.jpg

Coming up through the bulkhead and up to the diffusers.

IMG_2383.jpg

The "y" for going to the two defrost diffusers in the dash.

IMG_2385.jpg

Continued......

Here are the new not so flush defrost units I ended up going with . I think this cupped design will throw more air at the windows than the ones I posted up previously.

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

I ended up hooking it up to the new bus bar/ circuit breaker that was under the starboard side for all the new electronic's. This was the easiest place to hook it up. Not my first choice but we are getting into high speed mode now as the season progresses and I want to get on the water lol.

IMG_2404.jpg

John
Sculpin

Back