My cabin is getting a little Snugger

Here are a couple of vid's of the unit under operation.

The pump working away (click on the picture).

The unit firing up (click on the picture).

I hope you all enjoyed this project as much as I did. I hope it gives folks some idea's for adding heat to their forts on boats. You can pick the whole kit up at the Harbour Chandler for around 1200 bucks. Ask for Kevin. You will need to add the thru hull fitting, a tank, some extra ducting and ducting fittings, and some extra clamps etc. depending on your set up.

Thanks for following along.

Cheers,

Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
My seats are 6" thick foam so I think they will muffler the sound quite a bit. I have to knotch the bottom seat in the corner to suit the muffler but is way behind where you sit. You won't even see it at all.

I really like your attention to detail. You are definitely a fine tradesman.

Thanks fella's but I think you jinxed me.

I was getting almost nothing up front on the window diffusers. I switched the first "y" around so the main cabin air is getting the secondary offshoot. The front is getting the full shot. It works way better now except I am going to replace the cupped outlets with the originals so that I can adust the flow.
Long story short I have to start thinking like an HVAC guy damn it. The "y"'s I bought are crap really and I am going to make up some custom ones with zero restriction out of some light wall ss tubing I have kicking around. When in doubt do it yourself lol.

I need to be able to damper the flow from one window to the next for an equal air flow. It's pretty good now that I switched the first "y" and all the flow is going forward. Just need to balance the system.

Live and learn that's why I like posting up projects like this.

Cheers,
John

Well I reworked a bunch of things and she is all working great!!

I cut a hole in the seat divider and got a straighter shot at the first "y". I switched the first "y" around to get most of the heat up to the front which needed it badly.

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

I kept the two front cupped diffusers as I like how they throw the heat. The port side throws way more than the starboard side but I will rig something up to work to balance them out. I can live with it.

IMG_2426.jpg

I had to knotch the seat so it wouldn't get in the way of the exhaust.

IMG_2429.jpg

Here is the seating area all together.

IMG_2431.jpg

The control unit in the corner just above the seat.

IMG_2432.jpg

It's as simple as turning on the batteries and pushing a button. Here is a short vid (just click on the picture).

Now I am done. Thanks for all the positive feedback folks. Just in time for nice weather when I won't need the damn thing LOL :D.

Great post that looked like a big job!! I'm pretty sure your going or love it the defrost alone will pay off!

Great post that looked like a big job!! I'm pretty sure your going or love it the defrost alone will pay off!

Hey JAC. This thread is two years old lol. I think FA was just ribbing Cubre :p:D.

Next to the air ride seats, this is the best project I have done on the boat. I usually turn it on before launching and by the time your ready to leave the dock or ramp, the windows are clear, and the cabin is getting nice and toasty :). It's a really nice dry heat and if you crack a window slightly to get the moisture out of the cabin you can dry out rain gear etc. I have a handrail on the ceiling of the cabin that you can hang things from. Works wonders for wet gloves etc.

Haha had me fooled anyways good post I had a diesel heater in the c dory and may put one in the thunder jet also

Back