My boat's enclosure

Rayp

hi youall!
I thought I should share a few pictures of my "on the yard" project, not quite 100% on the yard.
before and after shots.
I am still working on it. I will install clear removable snap on on the corners near the front and canopy at the back. It is nearly done and ready for fishing, water tested it and so far is all good!

photo.jpg
IMG_3604.jpg
IMG_3605.jpg
IMG_3594.jpg
IMG_3602.jpg
IMG_3603.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3601.jpg
    IMG_3601.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 989
  • IMG_3596.jpg
    IMG_3596.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 989
Last edited by a moderator:
looks good! that's going to make things so much cosier!

What an abortion.
hope you know him and were just teasing. otherwise the last posters (F.A's) sentiments come to mind also... think he did a damn fine job! much better than most people would attempt I would think... prob nicer than what would have come direct from the factory after taking a second look...

I think he means he is an a-hole, so nothing he says means anything anyways. I tihnk for a yard project, you did well.

What an abortion.

KV1 what do you mean by this?

In a rather unnecessarily harsh way, he's saying he doesn't like the look of it . I think its a great idea and looks to serve its purpose well especially if it is sturdy and water tight - draw back is you will notice the wind will effect her more. As far as it maybe not looking "pretty" I think it maybe could look better if it didn't have 3 different window types all with different shapes ( swooping winsheild, canvas/isenglass and big window with odd shape) as maybe that's what's giving it a bit "cluttered' look ? The colour of the original cabin looks to be a bit different then the new so maybe a colour match would assist.

I couldn't do half as good as you so wouldn't even do something like that myself - so kudos for you and the job you have done!

Thank you all for all your comments even the not so nice ones!! I posted in public forum so I have to be open to criticisms.
I would like to say that when I designed it wasn't looking for a pretty look as much as a practical usage of the boat within a limited budget, and also trying to keep some or most of its original design. The top can easily be taken off and back to the original boat set up. I would have liked the larger windows for a better look and sight seeing but it is an older fishing boat and chose to go with what I thought would be more practical. The corner removable were intended for the warmer summer days to enjoy the breeze and perhaps help with wind flow through instead of pushing against it. The solid glass is clear 6mm tempered , the top has 2" rigged foam to control the temp a bit, the original small corner windows still open for more ventilation. Why did I go this route? I was quoted 4,500.00 by an upholster shop to do a fabric inclosure that probably would look better than this for at least couple of years and then do it again. This ugly aluminum one I am in under 2Ks, and have a better use of 2,500.00 like perhaps part of a matching paint job?
thanks again for the inputs!

You got what you were out to get and most of us could not have done as nice a job.
Congratulations

Thanks SteelyDan and CIVANO.
We just spent a week at the lake using the boat everyday 5/6 people on board and the top works great. In the hot time of the day removed the corner snap-ons and works just like I thought they would, nice cool freeze! We also got a few Pikes which I have never fished for, very interesting but it is not salmon for sure!!

Back