Trailer's bow stop interferes with boat's bow eye... what to do

TinnyTime

Hi All,
I just swapped trailers, and got a small problem. The bow eye needs to skip up and over the trailer's bow stop roller to in order to fully seat the bow against the bow stop.
It doesn't roll up and over nicely, it digs the bow eye into the roller. This is going to tear up the bow stop roller, also the winch strap is bent over the roller as I'm winching the boat up on (not a straight shot on the strap).

Should I lower the bow stop bracket, while keeping the winch at the same height ?... this would require getting a longer bow stop bracket.

395314059_831190078686405_7324030271163870896_n_edit.jpg

can you flip it 180 degrees so the winch is below and the roller is facing up. Remove the two u bolts and flip it 180

Ya I think it should go under the roller. The safety chain should be a straight, clear shot should it be “put to the test”. Not have to go over a roller.

Ok, I'll going to go look at the rig, and see if it would make sense to have the bow eye stay below the roller.

Perhaps I'm winching the bow up high unnecessarily. New trailer still figuring it out.

Sudsy”s suggestion of flipping the winch assembly would appear to result in the roller being above the bow eye. looks like the winch assembly is upside down the way it is now anyway.

Have you taken the 5 minutes to
lower the bow stop/winch and see if that fixes it? Might be worth a go before going right into adjusting bunks and whatnot.

Yes lower the winch, as you cant go higher. your kinda stuck on what ya can do it will be fine lower , make it so it clears that eye coming up , seen many just like that, id lower it so its just below that chime perosnally.

Good luck wolf

I raised the bow stop bracket just enough... now the bow eye is able to just barely clear the bow stop underneath. I wish I had another half inch, ahwell.

20231026_180832.jpg

Hook is pressed against the bow stop roller
20231026_180950.jpg

I could still lower the bunks one notch.... that might be worth doing.

You could try a double bow rest.
Hook would come up between.
check with your local marine shop,
Los on the market

Attachments

• box rest.jpg
    box rest.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Did you try the suggested "flipping the assembly upside down"? That would put the roller well above the bow eye. The pictures you share sure look like it would work. Then adjust the assembly height again.

Or, leave it as is and seeing if this snubber style of stop would work, as they are not as big as that wheel.

s-l1600.jpg

Back