Murpheys lodge

TGofers

Heading to murpheys lodge tomorrow or sun fishing till wed!!! Super pumped! Never been. Anyone been there before?

Awesome , there 3 yrs ago , take the 165 litre cooler you will need , good home cooked food , awesome guides , limit on all species , they fish 12 miles out , take seasick stuff if your prone to seasick , great guides , ling at average 25 lbs , great boats and guides , different 1 every day , aim to please , best fish trip ever , better then the the northers lodges

Yes that's the one

Have been to Kyuquot many a time.....it is awesome. You'll love it, great fishing, beautiful and remote. A buddy who grew up there I believe is still guiding for Murphy; his name is Luke. Tons of marine wildlife to see as well...if running offshore and there is a north wind blowing, the fresh scent of the sea lion rookery can turn your stomach. :eek:

Nice thing is the slot limit that usually kicks in on July 15th will not be in place so if you can't get offshore there is still good stuff and places to fish inshore.

Will be there myself in a bit more than a month.

Have a great time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
do they buy quota?

From their website, I would say no:

The Halibut fishing outside of Kyuquot Sound is excellent. There are good numbers of Chicken Halibut which are 12 to 25 pounds and a fair number of larger fish which range in the 30 to 120 pounds. We have encountered fish in excess of 250lbs. The new regulations require that we now release the really big ones such as the one shown in the photo on the left.

You are able to retain two halibut total on a fishing trip, with a maximum of one per day. Only one of these fish can but up to approximately 70 pounds (133cm) and the other must be under 23 pounds (90 cm).

Murphy's does actually have two lodges. We went fishing with the same guys at their other one and it was fantastic.

Little worried as the package is only for 10 hrs guided. I can usually go all day every day I am there. Must have to do with the run out. Hopefully we can fish inshore in the evenings

Murphys is a first class operation. I once had the opportunity of fishing aboard Dave Murphys "hot pursuit ". What a blast! Learned a tonne of tricks and we caught so many hali and chinook salmon that guys diddnt even want to take the rods when they went off lol. Too tired.

Little worried as the package is only for 10 hrs guided. I can usually go all day every day I am there. Must have to do with the run out. Hopefully we can fish inshore in the evenings

I would bet bet this time of year you'll be fishing Kyuquot reef which is ~30 mins tops....if heading to the Highway expect 50 mins all depending on the seas. If stuck inside or looking for a quick fish, Spring Island is 7-8 mins from the dock.

Like most guided operations they won't advertise a "sun up to sun down" day of fishing. All in all though you can have great fishing 10 mins from the dock...tops. First time there many years ago I got spooled 7 mins from Kyuquot Sound Lodge dock on an evening fish. Saw a big tail and back I could not catch up to....lost everything including a ton of line. :p

Your gonna love it....its a great spot. They even have a drive thru!!:D

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...-Fishing-and-Adventure-Pics&highlight=Kyuquot

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...thought-I-would-share-a-few&highlight=Kyuquot

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?10383-Some-pics-from-Kyuquot&highlight=Kyuquot

Maybe be finaddict will chime in....like myself he is there every year and I think will be there in about 10 days.

Went. Lots of fish, doubles, hali, yellow eye. Sears were fantastic two out of 4. Last two days it was like an elephants but... High and stinky!! All in all lots of fish and great operation for cost

keep an eye out for a bunch of guys i know heading over there in the am , be there for 3 days
believe there filling the whole lodge lol
one of them being an x Canuck Burnaby boy should give them away ,
fishin is excellent up there right now , you wont be going far !!
hv fun n gd lk

recent report July 1

Chinook are right on the edge of the surfline and offshore. Tonight's bite for the first evening out for this group yielded 25 Chinook Salmon! Phenomenal!

Fishing with hootchies, spoons with fully rotating flashers just off the bottom, regardless of where we are fishing. Fishing with bait isn't really necessary with all the action....it can actually slow you down when the bite is on fire like it was tonight.

The past weeks halibut catches were also significant with some really nice quality fish.

fd

Personal friends with David and can tell you without hesitation there is no way he would ever think about purchasing hali quota. He's also vice president of WCFGA and we are on record strongly opposing the experimental hali quota.

He has done a ton of work to the new lodge and docks, your buddies will have a great time.

Maybe after 10 hrs the guide has had enough as he does it every day

There is asking questions and there is trying to stir the pot.

Seemed like a pretty innocent question to me, given the history of this topic. The question was answered quite clearly and there was no 'pot stirring' until you felt the need to try to do so. Once again, a member of the 'old guard' on this Forum seem to want to create issues where they don't exist.
It's interesting, a lot of the folks who I used to look for great advice on this Forum no longer participate. Guess they got as tired of the constant sniping as I have.
In the words of the immortal Elmer Fudd.... so long folks...

Back