Mr. Funnel---anybody using one?

Sharphooks

I've read some good reports, some bad reports. Anyone on the Forum using one? I'm curious if the larger one (two filters) would keep up with the GPM of a normal marine fuel pump.
thanks for comments

It's worth looking at:

http://www.mrfunnel.com/Mr._Funnel/Home.html

Uses good old fashion scientific principles to remove water from fuel before it gets in your tank. The largest one they make has two filters (built in to the funnel)

Guys that buy fuel in out of the way places that may have marginal fuel swear by them.

The jury is out on fuel through-put, though---the manufacturer claims the larger size funnel (F15) can filter 15 gallons per minute. The comments I read on Hull Truth dispute that, but nobody disputes the fact that the filters will in fact remove water from fuel.

I use the one made buy Racor filters, it works great. i find there is always **** in the jerry cans and if you are pouring them into your boat. Cheeper to catch the stuff befor it goes into your tank.

Seems like a good idea as a pre filter for your fuel. Would be most useful if you get your fuel from less reliable sources. I would not remove that water seperator yet though. Moisture finds it's way into your tank through the vent. When your fuel level goes down, that space is filled by air. Air has water in it. Humidity. When temps cool on surfaces in tank, condensation occurs.

Hummm--- this is from the FAQs
Caution: use of funnel with other substances may damage filter.

• Test funnel before each use. Add water to funnel to cover bottom 1/3 of filter. Water should not pass through.

• Fuel additives and stabilizers may allow water to pass through filter. Add additives directly to tank.

Guess nothing is perfect..

Back