Mounting kicker to full swim grid

tains

Crew Member
Has anyone mounted a kicker to their full swim grid. I have seen the 3/4 grids with the kickers but wondering about keeping the full grid. Thanks.

Thats is how I mounted mine. Just bought the bracket and drilled the holes over size and filled with epoxy and redrilled the holes the correct size. When on the trailer I leave the kicker in the down position and everything is fine and no issues so far.

Pescador. ....... Those are some great looking kicker mounts from Saltboss. If I needed one boy I'd be a lookin at those ones

Mine is very simalier to the Pooderbuilt one, that said I think the Saltbossmarine is a better design. I find that the design I have holds water and I always have to clean this area. The saltbossmarine design is self draining.

I have a kicker on my swimgrid. Take a look at the RT-95 from RemoteTroll.com. It combines both the mounting bracket plus a remote steering option.

One thing I would recommend is adding extra support bracing to your swim grid. Typically any OEM swim grid is built to hold the weight of a couple people. With the boat pounding in the surf there is a great deal of extra torque off the back of the grid. I actually snapped one of my braces this past summer -- some pitting due to corrosion of the brace was the cause -- but I ended up doubling up on the braces.

Back