Might Be Looking For a Change

The best financial investment you can make is keeping your spouse happy !
Perhaps look for an investor that wants to partner up on a small multi family project ? You might not get huge wages out of it up front but if you retain a percentage of ownership It could keep paying you in Rent money when you chose to retire :)

CR Greg
@Rain City This is good avice. Your kids are still young and if you can do some work in your own industry and absorb the upfront cost ( in this case, lost opportunity cost during a slow period), you should give this some thought. You'd be investing in gradual growth in your wealth and use that supplementary income to pod your boat in 2040!

1705451479132.png

Been using ChatGPT

No, not Chat GPT, Old guy doing two things at once and forgetting to go back and delete the start of my post.

I wrote a response to one of the posts in this thread, and decided to save it for something else I was writing. So I cut my answer out of the post and then forgot to come back and delete the bit of post you thought might have been Chat GPT.

@Rain City This is good avice. Your kids are still young and if you can do some work in your own industry and absorb the upfront cost ( in this case, lost opportunity cost during a slow period), you should give this some thought. You'd be investing in gradual growth in your wealth and use that supplementary income to pod your boat in 2040!
Most of my builder friends are getting out of the game because it's cheaper to get some valley guys to slap it up for you. Building cheap isn't in my wheelhouse either. And unfortunately nobody can afford quality anymore. Any of my friends with money and looking to invest would rather have the cheap guy do it. I'm not against the landlord game. I'm a landlord now in fact. I just cant afford to have this house and another project. The numbers are too high. I don't want to play the 10%-12% interest game with the hopes that the market doesn't take a dump. Can't risk my families home to take that chance either. I'm not 20 or 30 anymore. My kids are 5 and under 1, neither of them sleep well. My wife is a zombie. We're not those energetic house flippers from TV that can live out of moving boxes. You really do need two properties in order to survive the development game.

A lot of the guys I knew or knew of who got into the gang life around high school came from pretty well-off families. I think there’s a lot more to it than just being victims of socio-economic conditions.

But, yes we are a product of our environment.
I grew up on the local reservation in a trailer park. Bunch of my friends from back then are dead or have been in and out of jail. When I was 12, I started up a “company” with a buddy of mine up the street. We would shovel driveways in the winter and rake leaves in the fall because we literally had nothing. We got tired of stealing socks and name brand undies from The Bay. Fast forward to now and we are really the only 2 that went anywhere. He started up a very lucrative painting business and has done very well in the last 20 years. I busted my butt right out of high school to become a welder. Inbetween now and then I also managed to land a sheet metal apprenticeship. I never wanted to end up in a trailer for my whole life so I worked my butt off to have 2 red seals under my belt before I was 30 and a nurse as my wife. No one ever explained to me what I needed to do to get to this point in my life. Don’t get me wrong, there’s been a lot of downs throughout the process but you just gotta roll with em and come back stronger. You miss 100% of the shots that you don’t take.

Also, im not shitting on people that live in trailers. My parents still live there and I realize now that they did the best they could given their situation.

View attachment 101919

No, not Chat GPT, Old guy doing two things at once and forgetting to go back and delete the start of my post.

I wrote a response to one of the posts in this thread, and decided to save it for something else I was writing. So I cut my answer out of the post and then forgot to come back and delete the bit of post you thought might have been Chat GPT.
No no no, I meant I started using ChatGPT
I usually type everything in point form with a coma separating every sentence!
Your posts are always professional.
Will edit my last post

Most of my builder friends are getting out of the game because it's cheaper to get some valley guys to slap it up for you. Building cheap isn't in my wheelhouse either. And unfortunately nobody can afford quality anymore. Any of my friends with money and looking to invest would rather have the cheap guy do it. I'm not against the landlord game. I'm a landlord now in fact. I just cant afford to have this house and another project. The numbers are too high. I don't want to play the 10%-12% interest game with the hopes that the market doesn't take a dump. Can't risk my families home to take that chance either. I'm not 20 or 30 anymore. My kids are 5 and under 1, neither of them sleep well. My wife is a zombie. We're not those energetic house flippers from TV that can live out of moving boxes. You really do need two properties in order to survive the development game.
Everything is undercut these days, build cheap,
Hard to compete and price match guy’s running a crew of foreign workers that will do the job at half the cost, unless your customers are looking for quality work, but like you said it seems like those customers are hard to come by.

I grew up on the local reservation in a trailer park. Bunch of my friends from back then are dead or have been in and out of jail. When I was 12, I started up a “company” with a buddy of mine up the street. We would shovel driveways in the winter and rake leaves in the fall because we literally had nothing. We got tired of stealing socks and name brand undies from The Bay. Fast forward to now and we are really the only 2 that went anywhere. He started up a very lucrative painting business and has done very well in the last 20 years. I busted my butt right out of high school to become a welder. Inbetween now and then I also managed to land a sheet metal apprenticeship. I never wanted to end up in a trailer for my whole life so I worked my butt off to have 2 red seals under my belt before I was 30 and a nurse as my wife. No one ever explained to me what I needed to do to get to this point in my life. Don’t get me wrong, there’s been a lot of downs throughout the process but you just gotta roll with em and come back stronger. You miss 100% of the shots that you don’t take.

Also, im not shitting on people that live in trailers. My parents still live there and I realize now that they did the best they could given their situation.
Got yourself a really nice boat too, good for you!

What do you think of a ev bus service between tofino and Ucluelet probably two busses or more and paid parking lots at the junction would be a win on several levels I would think
🤔

Always been a feast or Famine industry

Back