Might Be Looking For a Change

RC would have to be a convicted felon and dealer who did 8 years for jumping and paralyzing a kid like the champ in that video.

If that video isn’t proof you shouldn’t do drugs, I don’t know what is. 😂
That’s a horrible thing he done, I was unaware of that. I think you’d have to be on drugs not to think that our country has gone too *hit though, and the state of the economy and inflation is not directly related to the problems that RC is having in the building industry. I think the felon in the video makes some valid points directly related too the struggle that most of Canadians are facing in today’s economy. I hope you enjoyed the mandates and lockdowns downs our government put us under, for our own good. Don’t forget too get your next booster shot. Wouldn’t want to question the authority.
Have a great night! Good luck next time you’re out fishing, I hope you land a huge spring and it brings you happiness.😁

Well after that nice interlude, I think there is something to bringing on multiple revenue streams, especially re-occurring revenue for business owners. There was a movement to design, build and maintain in the construction industry, did that ever take off? I speculate that it always costs so much to build people cut the maintenance budget but also there is not enough labour to maintain a maintenance team? A monthly fee of $99 for reduced labour costs and to have one number to call or app request to clean gutters, do what ever is needed for annual maintenance for your roof for the warranty to be valid, plumbing maintenance on 3-4 bathrooms….

It’s amazing how Costco and Amazon memberships just suck money out of accounts and we spend spend spend with them.

One revenue stream can be through social media marketing, affiliate sales and selling things like your own tools but with eyeballs going to f… tards like our most recent example and all the influencers who ripped off people with NFT’s it is not an easy landscape to navigate. I blame people like that more than bumbling politicians and buercrats that will only be replaced by other bumblers. No politician will wreck or save those of us w a good head on our shoulders and able body to do the work. Replacing one middle age white man in Ottawa with another won’t make a f of a difference in my life. I digress…

Hope you are all staying warm and salt your walkways and driveways this morning.

I really don’t think there’s many small business owners that don’t get their hands dirty and just think they “run” a business 4 hours a week. Most are hustlers, they work more than employees, make countless sacrifices, just for the advantages of owning a small business. They don’t have one job within the company, they wear every hat that is required. It’s definitely not for everyone, most would buckle with that type of weight on their shoulders.
Ask me if that type of lifestyle is better or worse? Now that’s an entire different conversation…

Finally the one post in 9 pages that gets it. Good advice. I know your having difficulties RC but stick with it.

We have all been there. Running a business is difficult and there are his and lows. Your just going through the low. Just take on some work to get by until things take off again.

You will never ever make that kind of money you want working for someone else or jumping ship right now. Plus you won't be happy trust me.

Finally the one post in 9 pages that gets it. Good advice. I know your having difficulties RC but stick with it.

We have all been there. Running a business is difficult and there are his and lows. Your just going through the low. Just take on some work to get by until things take off again.

You will never ever make that kind of money you want working for someone else or jumping ship right now. Plus you won't be happy trust me.
Yep. I worked 14-15 hours a day for 6 months of the year because I enjoyed the fishing part and the company of my great regular clients. I also hoped that it would pay off in the long run if I kept my overhead low

That’s a horrible thing he done, I was unaware of that. I think you’d have to be on drugs not to think that our country has gone too *hit though, and the state of the economy and inflation is not directly related to the problems that RC is having in the building industry. I think the felon in the video makes some valid points directly related too the struggle that most of Canadians are facing in today’s economy. I hope you enjoyed the mandates and lockdowns downs our government put us under, for our own good. Don’t forget too get your next booster shot. Wouldn’t want to question the authority.
Have a great night! Good luck next time you’re out fishing, I hope you land a huge spring and it brings you happiness.😁
Moving on…

It's true.

Small business is tough at times but rewarding at times too. I made a conscious decision to stay local and small rather than chasing the big bucks on all the camp jobs up north. I'm not knocking those who did choose that route, their RRSP accounts probably look a lot better than mine, but this was the right choice for me and my family.

I make a point of giving myself an extra three day weekend most months, and some short breaks throughout the year. More time doing fun things is the same as more money, right?

I really don’t think there’s many small business owners that don’t get their hands dirty and just think they “run” a business 4 hours a week. Most are hustlers, they work more than employees, make countless sacrifices, just for the advantages of owning a small business. They don’t have one job within the company, they wear every hat that is required. It’s definitely not for everyone, most would buckle with that type of weight on their shoulders.
Ask me if that type of lifestyle is better or worse? Now that’s an entire different conversation…

Exactly, very well said.

Have a great night! Good luck next time you’re out fishing, I hope you land a huge spring and it

RC would have to be a convicted felon and dealer who did 8 years for jumping and paralyzing a kid like the champ in that video.

If that video isn’t proof you shouldn’t do drugs, I don’t know what is. 😂

Hmm, wonder what mom and dad do for $$ ?

Aren’t we all just the product of our parents?

Not to consider my self “ Experienced” but I ran my own elec contracting business for 6 years with a very well established cliental from day 1 ( took 5 years of working outside my reg job to build this up before going out on my own) My biggest hurdles where finding reliable and skilled staff (even 1-2 staff where hard to keep for a long period of time ) and chasing homeowners, property managers and contractors to pay quickly. My strategy from day 1 was that Friday afternoons where for billing out any completed work. With 90 days to pay I would see money around day 80-100 as a cheque that would 3 more days before it was useable $

I tried multiple”niche” markets too with hopes to separate myself from all the other hacks out there with no avail, I eventually realized it was way less hassle to get out of contacting and make less $

Long and the short , owning your own business although pays more is 3x the work for double the pay of being an employee. And work on the gulf islands usually pays in hugs and ounces not $$

Last edited:

Not to consider my self “ Experienced” but I ran my own elec contracting business for 6 years with a very well established cliental from day 1 ( took 5 years of working outside my reg job to build this up before going out on my own) My biggest hurdles where finding reliable and skilled staff (even 1-2 staff where hard to keep for a long period of time ) and chasing homeowners, property managers and contractors to pay quickly. My strategy from day 1 was that Friday afternoons where for billing out any completed work. With 90 days to pay I would see money around day 80-100 as a cheque that would 3 more days before it was useable $

I tried multiple”niche” markets too with hopes to separate myself from all the other hacks out there with no avail, I eventually realized it was way less hassle to get out of contacting and make less $

Long and the short , owning your own business although pays more is 3x the work for double the pay of being an employee. And work on the gulf islands usually pays in hugs and ounces not $$
🤣

I agree. I’m also hoping one day I can put myself in a situation where I can make that decision and live comfortably. Been dreaming about it. But it’s tough nowadays, just to live in the lower mainland, not to mention if you want to own a detached house. Guys with no mortgage, or a handed down house, cabin in the family, can live comfortably on today’s wages, everyone else is screwed. Look at the prices on the island or the Sunshine Coast, sport fishing or boating has become for the rich, a cabin is half a mil? Not sure how any Joe can realistically afford this. Look at all the people that had to move out of the lower mainland because everything is just too expensive…
If I had a couple boats, a cabin and no mortgage I probably would be living a different lifestyle. But not everyone is blessed like that. Reality is if you want to live on the mainland, you better be getting paid.
Look at the boats some of these guys on this forum have, it’s like they have NHL money, lots of business owners and guys with top professions like surgeons, realtors, lawyers, builders. Lots of these guys followed their journey to get paid first and foremost, and now are benefiting from the rewards of hard work and taking chances. This s*** just doesn’t fall in most people’s laps, they work for it.
NHL Money !!! I wish !

I’m not sure what the first part of your post implies, care to elaborate on that?

The best financial investment you can make is keeping your spouse happy !
Perhaps look for an investor that wants to partner up on a small multi family project ? You might not get huge wages out of it up front but if you retain a percentage of ownership It could keep paying you in Rent money when you chose to retire :)

CR Greg

I’m not sure what the first part of your post implies, care to elaborate on that?

Sorry kinda split my thoughts there.

I am just saying I doubt they have a boat in the driveway.

The kid was probably raised to be a problem but had the gumption to become a leader even if it was not for good.

Sorry kinda split my thoughts there.

I am just saying I doubt they have a boat in the driveway.

The kid was probably raised to be a problem but had the gumption to become a leader even if it was not for good.
A lot of the guys I knew or knew of who got into the gang life around high school came from pretty well-off families. I think there’s a lot more to it than just being victims of socio-economic conditions.

But, yes we are a product of our environment.

Back