Mexico For Dummies.....

Mexico is so dangerous that most people roll out of bed, then hide under the bed all day, then when it's bedtime they get back into bed.

Indeed!!!!

Hmmm, my response was to a picture of a large fish. The fish is now gone and so is the person that was holding it.

Makes, my response somewhat redundant.

It is absolutely ridiculous to compare a BC shooting with the careful targeting of politicians, mayors, judges and police chiefs and associated murderous mayhem in Mexico!

You have your head in the sand and do a great disservice to the memory of Maria Salazar and the 126 politicians on that list I posted earlier. I repeat his list does NOT include the hundreds if not thousands of "regular" officials, police and other innocents also killed in the drug wars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_politicians_killed_in_the_Mexican_Drug_War

But you go ahead and visit Mexico and ignore what is happening all around you......Talk about " See No Evil"!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is absolutely ridiculous to compare a BC shooting with the careful targeting of politicians, mayors, judges and police chiefs and associated murderous mayhem in Mexico!

You have your head in the sand and do a great disservice to the memory of Maria Salazar and the 126 politicians on that list I posted earlier. I repeat his list does NOT include the hundreds if not thousands of "regular" officials, police and other innocents also killed in the drug wars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_politicians_killed_in_the_Mexican_Drug_War

But you go ahead and visit Mexico and ignore what is happening all around you......Talk about " See No Evil"!!

So are you saying everyone should boycott Mexico by not going there?. How will that help the country and all the great people down there that are not involved with the drug trade?

So are you saying everyone should boycott Mexico by not going there?. How will that help the country and all the great people down there that are not involved with the drug trade?

The only thing that motivates politicians is money, if you stop spending your money there it gives them motivation to fix the problem. Its voting with your dollar, pretty simple.

I never try and sway these discussions either way. I usually advise that if you have fears, concerns etc. go elsewhere. Mexico is Mexico, it is not canada, it sometimes fails to meet "average Canadian/American" standards.

You figure this out on the first trip or two (or first time, if you research it) then decide if you like it.

I love it, have travelled there more solo than with someone, usually 3-4 1 week trips every fall/winter. Weather, food, people (locals, ex -pats, other travelers in that order)

Fishing ? Sucks. Called off full day charter at lunch, as the (4) yellowfins I caught left me bruised and worn out, and they weren't that big. (Gordo bank, Cabo)

First sailfish, 20lb test, fishing live bait off Los arcos. No weight, just a hook some bait, and a silver and blue missile. (85-110 lbs, depending on who's lying best). I'm good to call it 75 lol the way that thing jumped over and over.

Dorado. Those are insane. Had a morning trip that brought 11 of the crazy beasts in. I have a fiberglass replica in my office. That's how fun they are. They will take surface bait from below, resulting in end over end flips in the air. Oh, they taste good as well.

Wahoo. Never has a fish been named better. Once hooked, all you say is wahoo! As the reel screams. Wire leader a must.

I love the island, canada, BC.... But once it's an option, I will be revert to wearing shorts/sandals as a uniform.

Stay away from border towns. No good reason to be there, and that's where it's all bad. Tj included

Read up on the firearms regulations in Mexico and see if that has helped the situation.

Dorado. Those are insane. Had a morning trip that brought 11 of the crazy beasts in. I have a fiberglass replica in my office. That's how fun they are. They will take surface bait from below, resulting in end over end flips in the air. Oh, they taste good as well.
Had the pleasure of watching my kid (12yr old) reel a few of those in last February.Bang on, its a blast watching them jump ballistic after getiing hooked.Looking forward to Marlin,tuna and wahoooooooooo...

A lot more Canadians are klled in Canada than in Mexico. Way safer for us down there.

Read up on the firearms regulations in Mexico and see if that has helped the situation.
Approximately 30000 Americans die from gunshots each year…
The bilateral flow of guns and drugs is responsible in the most part for violence in both countries, North Americans governments antiquated gun laws and drug policies have done nothing to curb their citizen’s insatiable appetite for drugs and violence.

I just got back from San Jose Del Cabo...only dead things I saw were the bottles of Don Julio Anejo in our room. Had fabulous meals at Don Sanchez, Habanero's and Retro Burger Bar....all 3 owned by Chef Tadd Chapman, originally from Nanaimo BC.
We ran into many Canadians down there. Los Cabos is not the same as the mainland.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definately little Canada in SJC. Love it there.

Never been to the Burger Bar but the other 2 are great restaurants and the BC connection is cool. His Mom used to be the hostess at Habaneros last time i was there.

yes..the mom was in Nanaimo the first week we were in SJC for the birth of a grandchild, but was back before we left. Nice lady..always making sure things are okay.
14 of us at the Retro Burger Bar....between us we ate many of the different burgers. We all agreed..best burgers we've ever had. I hope it catches on. http://retroburgerbar.com

just incase anyone is craving a burger now :p and is not in Mexico and goes near Comox, the best burger ive ever had out is at The Mad Chef. Neat menu but chicken with ham and smoked brie.. killed it. Go and support to make sure its still going to be there next time in up there :p

All I wanted to point out is that Mexico has some pretty strict gun laws that have not prevented the"Banditos" from aquiring the needed guns to perform their nefarious deeds.
Yes the USA manufactures a lot of these guns and their gun safety and storage laws are severly lacking, I was just highlighting the success of the Mexican gun laws. :)

Approximately 30000 Americans die from gunshots each year…
The bilateral flow of guns and drugs is responsible in the most part for violence in both countries, North Americans governments antiquated gun laws and drug policies have done nothing to curb their citizen’s insatiable appetite for drugs and violence.

Back