Had enough yet?

Mi Chica

HAD ENOUGH - THIS HAS BEEN SUGGESTED BEFORE - BUT IF THERE WAS A TIME TO ACT IT IS NOW!!!!!!

We'll show you a gas boycott!
THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON. ..or .40 Cents/litre(1.82gallon)

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas .

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.08 at Arco and Costco for regular unleaded in Salem , Oregon and climbing every week.

And here in Canada it is currently 123.9 a litre(that's $5.64 a gallon)

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. ( USA )
And for Canadians don't purchase ANY gas from Petro Canada ,

Esso or Husky..

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

You have only the rights you are willing to fight for!

(Note that I copied this from an e-mail sent to me by BB and it it is worth a try as nothing else has made any impact.I know that I will immediately stop purchasing product from these companies, and in six months add Chevron or Shell to the list)

This rope has been pissed up a lot. Here are a couple of facts:

1) The vast majority of motor fuel is purchased by commercial fleets who can't "not fill up" for a day. These fleets not only carry endless containers of knock off crap made of plastic (Which is made from oil), from China (Who actually has the cash to pay for the oil, versus the Western world that puts it all on credit, and will happily buy what we won't). We also happen to use a very large portion harvest our food and power our infrastructure. Don't buy oil for a day? Welcome to the very limited world of bland, un-interesting local food. I can't think of a brand of potato chips that are manufactured west of the Rockies. (Not knocking local food, but I bet %50 of what is in your fridge comes from more then 500K away). Don't fill the car, make the kids walk to school for a day, it won't do a damn bit of good.

2) The vast majority of fuel is consumed outside the United States and Canada, in booming econmomies that don't have the luxury of stopping for a day. This oil is priced and traded on world markets with the click of a mouse.

3) If I was an oil executive, I'd sit back in my chair, and say "Ok, don't fill up today, or this week, or this month for all I actually give a damn. It just means you will have to put a full tank in in a few days, versus half a tank now, because you will go into cold shakes if you even CONSIDER changing your driving style for more then a day. "

4) I sit back, and look at how much work a litre of gasoline can do, and thank myself that it costs as little as it does. One litre of gas can cut up damn near two cords of firewood. Try doing that with a handsaw, and that would be into nice little 16" chunks that fit my fireplace, not 4 foot logs. And the $20 that it costs me to drive out to the forest, and haul them home doesn't hurt either. And it would seem like a bargin to be able to get to Constance Bank in 5 minutes, versus 3 hours with a hired team of rowers (Much more then the $60 in gas), or sail which would give you a tide window of about 3 days a year.

The only way to curb oil usage is to make it cost near the same as alternatives, which has arguably been set at $200 per barrel. People are not going to change unless there is a gun to thier head, or a hand in their wallets.

5) The easiest way to cheaper oil prices would be to allow drilling in friendly areas (IE, Canada, and the United States), instead of the eco-terrorists forcing oil companies to have to do it in places like the Niger Delta, Iraq, etc etc.

Drilling in cheaper places will change nothing as long as the price of oil is dictated by market speculators.

The replies state why not filling up for a day or week won't work. They are right. However, targeting/boycotting specific companies in this country is a different approach that allows us to buy the fuel we need while potentially hurting these companies bottom line. At the least, it will make clear to producers (in Canada) and governments that we have had enough. Worth a thought, methinks.

Boycotting companies won't work. Here is why, you notice that it's the Trimak truck that fills up pretty much all of the local stations. The local stations have just about nothing to do with the parent companies, they are franchisees. In BC, there are two refineries, the stations buy from both of them depending on geography.

Market speculation will be killed if interest rates got up a couple of points.. That phase will pass.

Back