Mercury Kicker Question?

EZZ70

Hi can someone help me understand the difference between a 9.9 ProKicker Command Thrust and a 15 ProKicker, which motor has more torque? Which would be best suited for, say, a 7000lbs vessel for trolling?

Regards, Thank you

Hi can someone help me understand the difference between a 9.9 ProKicker Command Thrust and a 15 ProKicker, which motor has more torque? Which would be best suited for, say, a 7000lbs vessel for trolling?

Regards, Thank you
The 15. Lighter and fuel Injected I believe.

Same engine. Not going to be any difference at idle or trolling speed. One makes more hp at WOT. That's it. May as well go for the 20. Might get you home at 2 mph faster if need be. Ohh and command thrust means it comes with a 4 blade. In tohatsu land we get them to put one on before they send it out

Last edited:
Same engine. Not going to be any difference at idle or trolling speed. On makes more hp at WOT. That's it. May as well go for the 20. Might get you home at 2 mph faster if need be. Ohh and command thrust means it comes with a 4 blade. In tohatsu land we get them to put one on before they send it out
Thank you, I cant find a 20hp in stock...

any idea whats a good remote steering system to pair which a kicker? Panther?

any idea whats a good remote steering system to pair which a kicker? Panther?
I have 2 buddies that have intellesteer and while I know lots of guys like them I put hydraulic on my kicker and I wouldn't trade it for any electric steering. I feel and control the boat so much better. I did get an unbelievable good deal on the whole system but if I had to do it again I would pay the extra

I got 20s piled up to the ceiling. You want new used long or extra long?

I won't sell intellisteer electric steering units. They all fail.

I got 20s piled up to the ceiling. You want new used long or extra long?

I won't sell intellisteer electric steering units. They all fail.
Who are you a dealer for Seth ? Just in case.

My 9.9 Merc is a Tohatsu. A few friends with Yamaha 9.9 that went fishing with me said it’s quieter than their kicker.
So which should i go with, the 9.9 Command Thrust or the 15 ProKicker?

Merc / tohatsu 9.9 15 20 same engine. Fuel injected. Same alt output. Same gear ratio. Only difference is an air restrictor plate over the manifold and a different MAP in the ECU.

Back