mercury 60 hp efi, 60 hp bigfoot or yamaha f70 ?

Pretty Sure the mass air flow sensor tell the ECM that more air is entering the unit. At this point the ECM can increase the fuel to make the correct mixture. I will post a link that I learned about this from and you guys can judge for yourselves

Jac, not trying to argue with you, I just dont want to see someone do something that is going to potentially jeopardize the warranty and possibly life of their engine.
I doubt these little motors have a MAF, yes they will be able to compensate for a bit more air from other sensors like a MAT, MAP, TPS and a CPS and using their measurements, the ECU calculates air flow and adds fuel accordingly but thats only to a point. I wont take much to get outside of the parameters on the ECU before you get into a lean condition, you wont know what those limits are or when you have passed them to know you are doing damage.
I am not sure if Yammi has software like merc to shut down if the ECU gets readings outside its map from required sensors but? Hearing claims of 10-15% more hp makes me wonder?

Jac, not trying to argue with you, I just dont want to see someone do something that is going to potentially jeopardize the warranty and possibly life of their engine.
I doubt these little motors have a MAF, yes they will be able to compensate for a bit more air from other sensors like a MAT, MAP, TPS and a CPS and using their measurements, the ECU calculates air flow and adds fuel accordingly but thats only to a point. I wont take much to get outside of the parameters on the ECU before you get into a lean condition, you wont know what those limits are or when you have passed them to know you are doing damage.
I am not sure if Yammi has software like merc to shut down if the ECU gets readings outside its map from required sensors but? Hearing claims of 10-15% more hp makes me wonder?

Ya your right they have a Map sensor not a Mas sensor. They used these restriction plates on carburated engines also so that may work better on them. There are many posts on different forums about this if you google it. I have never done it and I can guarantee no damage. I would give it a shot on my own motor. If anyone need to look up a parts diagram for there motor take a look at this site

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/parts.html

Back