Merc Pro Kicker Reviews?

DuroBoat

Anyone have experience with mercury pro kickers? I have a seasport 22 that needs a new kicker.. I usually buy yamaha but want to go EFI and think 15hp would be nice as it should be less noisy (lower rpms), more power when I need it, better charging (12amps) and a better fuel pump to draw from my main tank, through filter. I looked at suzuki but I'm going tiller and the suzuki doesn't have the forward/reverse at the end of the tiller handle.. I was told by the dealer that the merc Pro 15 is better for trolling than the non-pro 15hp?

have a look at tohatsu. they make the merc motors anyway and its cheaper/better built directly in japan.

Honestly I have been selling more of the 20hp Tohatsu stuff in the last year. Same engine as the 9.9 and 15. Not much difference in price. Get that little extra HP to get home if needed. They offer in 20inch and 25inch remote models with power tilt. EFI. Pretty slick

Tohatsu has a better parts department and warranty than Mercury. Hands down

Honestly I have been selling more of the 20hp Tohatsu stuff in the last year. Same engine as the 9.9 and 15. Not much difference in price. Get that little extra HP to get home if needed. They offer in 20inch and 25inch remote models with power tilt. EFI. Pretty slick

Tohatsu has a better parts department and warranty than Mercury. Hands down
you are a Tohatsu Dealer, makes sense you would sell more of them

you are a Tohatsu Dealer, makes sense you would sell more of them
Guys asking about 15hp. Im informing him about 20hp

The merc are built by tohatsu. Same exact engines. Different top cowling.

I love my 15 but I'm trading in it in for a 30 over the Winter. Just wasn't enough for the commander.
There will be a one year old 15 for sale at Inlet soon.

Back