Marked Gas

correct, BUT (around here at least) mid-grade still contains ethanol - and my motors only need regular (octane), so apples to apples for what i would normally buy. For the kicker (separate tank) i bite the bullet and just go with supreme to ensure it's ethanol free.

actually that's not true - marked gas has been around long before ethanol was ever thought of. Marked gas is simply a fuel used in an off-road application - be that diesel in a farmers tractor, a boat, or even a lawnmower - since it's not being used on the roads, most road based taxes are excluded. It's "marked" by adding a dye - theoretically if there is suspicion you are illegally using it on the road, an LEO can dip the tank and if it's coloured, then hefty fines are given. As it's been pointed out, in the marine world, it's typically just a mid-grade gas.

actually that's not true - marked gas has been around long before ethanol was ever thought of. Marked gas is simply a fuel used in an off-road application - be that diesel in a farmers tractor, a boat, or even a lawnmower - since it's not being used on the roads, most road based taxes are excluded. It's "marked" by adding a dye - theoretically if there is suspicion you are illegally using it on the road, an LEO can dip the tank and if it's coloured, then hefty fines are given. As it's been pointed out, in the marine world, it's typically just a mid-grade gas.
Well he didn’t lie though. It doesn’t have ethanol. Which is good for carbs and fuel that sits for longer periods of time. The regular and mid grade here has ethanol.

If I fill the boat or any other toy that doesn’t get used often, it gets chevron 94 because of no ethanol.

are you sure about that? most of the stations ive been to (i don't usually go to chevron though) only say no ethanol on premium - and as you agree, mid and regular may contain ethanol - so it depends on the specific grade being sold as "marked" - and as previous people have noted, that's typically a mid grade for most marine fuel

I filled up last night at co-op on wale road and the marked gas pump specifically says ethanol free.......
Same price as regular

Most marked gas contains ethanol. Will need to say clearly if it’s ethanol free.

Just treat the ethanol fuel with stabilizer and some ring free type additive and should be good to go.

Back