Bad gas

I just got back home from Calgary, my jeep fuel economy was stuck at 10 l/100km. Sometimes it would go up to over 12L/100km.
So I was quite happy to go to Co-op gas station to get a tank of good gas, only to find out they have to now have to sell ethanol in all their grades.
New law started June or July 5th. Courtesy of you know who.
(JT)...
On my way home got 8.36 L/ 100km. Not any where near what I'm supposed to get for highway driving.
P.s. didn't get to go fishing in Glenmore reservoir. Family kept me quite busy this year.
Awesome,
I’m hoping for steam engines again soon.

I just got back home from Calgary, my jeep fuel economy was stuck at 10 l/100km. Sometimes it would go up to over 12L/100km.

On my way home got 8.36 L/ 100km. Not any where near what I'm supposed to get for highway driving.
think about what L/100 km is telling you. You were getting BETTER mileage on your way home than previously for whatever reason.

I ran a MC 165 for many years. Typical problems were plugging the fuel filter, only last about 1 year. exhaust valves burn and a lack of compression after 800-1000 hours. file the points every 50 hours and replaced after 100 hours so changed to Pertronics ignition module. When the pertronics module failed it seemed to heat up before you got 5 miles along on your journey and crap out the ignition. Distributors can wear out, wiggle them to check for excessive play, and replace. replace the cast iron exhaust manifold every 5 years.

So I was quite happy to go to Co-op gas station to get a tank of good gas, only to find out they have to now have to sell ethanol in all their grades.
New law started June or July 5th. Courtesy of you know who.
(JT)...
P.s. didn't get to go fishing in Glenmore reservoir. Family kept me quite busy this year.
You got better mileage on the way home as you were only burning 8.36L per 100km vs the 10-12L per 100km you said you were getting.

You got better mileage on the way home as you were only burning 8.36L per 100km vs the 10-12L per 100km you said you were getting.
It could be that I removed boat rack made out of 2x4's from the top of car.
However I got 41 mpg coming home from Calgary one year instead of the 37 mpg hiway that's on paper.

Back