Marine vinyl flooring, opinions

My buddy did the marine vinyl in his boat and its pretty thin stuff. I called the shop he piccked it up at and they discontinued carrying it and went to exterior deck grade. Thats what i went with and so far its been pretty durrable. No rips or tears and we have had a few rookies drop cannonballs on our deck. It does tend to hold onto grime in the grooves though that is tough to get out. For the size of your boat your probably looking at about $800 id estimate.

Thinking of doing the same. Let us know what you do
Rona sells it 10 bucks a yard for the thin stuff 20 a yard for the thicker stuff.

Thinking of doing the same. Let us know what you do
Rona sells it 10 bucks a yard for the thin stuff 20 a yard for the thicker stuff.

My buddy put the Vinyl Plank down (thick stuff) $6 -$10 Sqft, in his boat 5 years ago. It still looks mint. Glue down one plank at a time, wood grain look. I'm going to be doing the same.

I put Nautolex in my boat when I replaced floor probably 8 years ago. Has some tains now, but still great shape. Defender has it for $19 us per yard, 72" wide. When I replace next time I am going with Thermo-lite board I think.

I think it's a great idea. It's a lot easier to replaced every 5-10 years then it is to repair or replace a textured floor. Plus it's simple to clean. As long as you seal the floor before putting the vinyl down, as you've already done it think it's a no brainer.

Buddy just had this done on their 19 Hourston
Rino lined in north van for 700

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 433
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 434
I have LineX in the truck bed. Do not think I want to go barefoot for long on the liner. May be smoother on the Rino, but would check that out first.

Another option are the rubber tiles that HomeDepot and others sell. The stuff is fairly thick -- about 1/4" squared that fit together like a puzzle piece. They fit so snugly together you can barely see the seam. Waterproof, UV stable and installed indoor or outdoor without glue. Nice thing is that you can easily pull up a small section if you want to. Did the interior of my last boat for about $150. Product is made from recycled tired so the colour is limited to black or black.

Some of the glues needed can cost more then the vinyl....... Not sure you'd want a crazy top of the line glue if you ever want to replace the vinyl though

If you know a guy who does vinyl sundecks it is virtually the same product, 60 mil is the thick stuff .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I did my floor I bought the vinyl from Lifetimer in duncan, I wasn't looking for the absolutely dirt cheapest, the floor I was replacing was 25+ years old pretty good wearing stuff.

On my old boat I went to costco and bought the roll of grey rubber it is a roll I think 10 feet wide 20 feet long and it looks like alluminun checker plate but a dark colour it's made to lay down in a carport to make it look nicer. I just measured it out roughly dry fitted then took my heat gun bent all the cornersand rolled it up the side a couple of inches. I never glued my down incase I ever wanted to get at my built in fuel tank but it never moves. If you want Alberni fisher you can come take a look think I still got it in my shop some where

Be aware that the grey spongy checker plate from Costco is deadly slippery when it gets wet.
I had it in my boat but took a few very hard falls in rough seas.
Swapped it out for hard black rubber checker plate looking stuff from Lordco.
On my old boat I went to costco and bought the roll of grey rubber it is a roll I think 10 feet wide 20 feet long and it looks like alluminun checker plate but a dark colour it's made to lay down in a carport to make it look nicer. I just measured it out roughly dry fitted then took my heat gun bent all the cornersand rolled it up the side a couple of inches. I never glued my down incase I ever wanted to get at my built in fuel tank but it never moves. If you want Alberni fisher you can come take a look think I still got it in my shop some where

I have LineX in the truck bed. Do not think I want to go barefoot for long on the liner. May be smoother on the Rino, but would check that out first.

It will not be much fun cleaning dried hali slime off that deck!

Back