Shockwave vs trail boss suspension seat

Umos

Before pulling the trigger on my HC cart I thought I would check in here for opinions on the shockwave seat. I have the trail boss coil spring suspension seats that came w my Alumaweld and find they don’t do a great job softening the bigger hits. Has anyone upgraded from older suspension seats to the shockwave, was it a big difference?

I have Shockwave bases on 5 of the 6 cabin seats. The 6th is their drop-down seat. They’re not cheap, it they are damn good. They make the ride in my cat even better. It kinda sucks, cause now that I’ve had them, I won’t not have them. Spend the money. Cry once. Enjoy em every use. Jamie sure you set the air pressure.

I have a shockwave seat in my 20' Alumaweld at the helm. The opposite side has a American Truck ( brand ) seat that has a large singe piston , and a single spring. It also has a pump handle that can soften or harden the piston resistance quickly. Of the two, the American Truck seat is the easiest on my butt. The Shockwave is better built but adjusting the seat stiffness with the pump for differing sized individuals is a PITA. The truck seat is not as well built, and has a shorted life over the salt. But it did come with armrests and a reclining back and lumbar support. I wish I could find another truck seat of that brand--- but I cant find even a website. There are other truck seats on the market that you might want to look at.

Appreciate the input. Looked online for truck seats but decided to go w two shockwaves paired with the Tempress elite high back seats. Following the pay once wince once philosophy, I got a lowrance autopilot and Avet reel too.

I purchased the same setup - what color did you go with ? - unfortunately I can't provide you any feedback on the water yet..... but it feels great in my driveway!
20231102_165303.jpg

We got the Shockwaves , added the seat sliders and one turntables.

The shockwave sliders are fantastic if you have folks of different heights running the boat.

We only bought one swivel and for our boat and purpose it was unnecessary.

Back