Marine vinyl flooring, opinions

The top of the mat was not slippery but when it was wet between the mat and the floor the whole mat would slide.
Really dangerous when running for the rod.
Mine way never slippery and I would wash it down all the time with my wash down pump

Has anyone tried the faux teak and holy vinyl floors they had on display at the Vancouver boat show?
A lot of new boats have it in the cabins now. Not cheap and requires special glues. Would sure like to get the carpet out of my cabin. Mine have a heavy rubber backing and are removable but when I take them out you sure notice the cabin is cooler and noisier when running. The interior floor is all grey gel coated and non slip.
Can't have everything. Lol

curious how line-x would work on the floor of an aluminum boat and smooth aluminum floor (not checkerplate).... my existing sprayed on floor is pretty much worn through and non existant in most spots now... . haven't noticed it being slippery when wet though yet. maybe since it's acid etched also...

I just paint my floor with dura dek every few years. It's deck paint with ground up rubber in it.....works awesome

The Hourston on the first page belongs to me, just wanted to clear up some confusion regarding the use of rhino lining as a deck material. It is different than what is in the bed of your truck and is a marine specific coating. It is not at all hard on bare feet as I had less silica added, it is very easy to clean with a deck brush and hose, UV resistant, and seals the floor 100% water tight. After a few trips out I am very happy with how durable, low maintenance and slip resistant the deck is. The all in cost of prep, rhino, and 2 layers of uv resistant top coat was $750 this included the front panel and inside the bow compartment as well as the deck. I would highly recommend this to anyone re doing their deck.

2 part epoxy that all the new decks around here are getting,, google newport decks and check it out... im going to do my floor with it...

Back