Lumber Prices

anytime something goes parabolic it will come back down, but the price is still far higher then it was a year ago.

on a side note went to 2 different hardware stores 1 a big box and they were out of white 100% silicone caulking. uggg....

Anyone do any lumber shopping in the last week? Are prices noticeably better than a month ago on 2 by and plywood?

Two separate markets. Lumber has come down about 25-30% at retail. Plywood and engineered wood is still feeling the acute shortage of resins and adhesives caused by hurricane damage to Texas chemical plants back in the fall. Try buying ABS pipe and fittings - same price madness, same root cause.

Hope the glass industry can figure out supply chain issues. We’re looking at 20-100% increases and two month lead times because of shortages of glass. It’s a **** show if your trying to get occupancy of a building

I spoke to my new truss supplier yesterday. I asked if the estimate would be reduced as I got the estimate at the peak.
He said “we’re considering it.”
With all the forest fires and USA supply demands he thinks it will be going back up. Also they still “have a lumber yard full of expensive wood”

I bet when the prices originally spiked, they didn’t still sell them cheap as they still had a yard full of cheap wood.

I won’t be ordering my package for another month or so, will be interested to see what transpires.

Getting a custom glass shower door for my bathroom, guy said normally takes 3 days said it will take 3 weeks because of covid supply issue.

Getting a custom glass shower door for my bathroom, guy said normally takes 3 days said it will take 3 weeks because of covid supply issue.
Yep I'm doing showers for my buddies house and its 4-6 weeks for polished 12 mm tempered. I'm surprised your guy is finding some glass in 3 weeks. I have regular 6 mm tempered (not polished or nothing) and it takes 4 weeks.

Yep I'm doing showers for my buddies house and its 4-6 weeks for polished 12 mm tempered. I'm surprised your guy is finding some glass in 3 weeks. I have regular 6 mm tempered (not polished or nothing) and it takes 4 weeks.

haha will see how long it takes!

Just bought decking for our sunshine coast cabin for deck replacement. None of the little independent mill operators on the peninsula would hold 400 ft of 1x6 rough sawn despite several contacts weeks ahead, and my offer to pre pay. Ended up paying cedar prices for fkn treated 5/4.

On the bright side, my 19 Lund has proven to be a decent lumber carrier platform.

I needed a 5’ x 5’ sheet of plywood today. Drove to smith plywood’s and it was only $47 for a sheet of 1/2” birch 5’x5’. I was fully expecting over $100.

Attachments

• 5195533B-DFAC-48E1-BF66-ED2B01E74A9E.jpeg
    5195533B-DFAC-48E1-BF66-ED2B01E74A9E.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 60
I needed a 5’ x 5’ sheet of plywood today. Drove to smith plywood’s and it was only $47 for a sheet of 1/2” birch 5’x5’. I was fully expecting over $100.
Where does one buy one of these 5 X5 sheets of plywood?

Back