Lowrance Sonar Screens Shots + Broadband Sounder

P

PW_Homer

I thought I would share some screens shots of my Lowrance LCX37C with the LBS1(Broadband sounder). The newer units have the Broadband sounder built in, where mine is the add on.

I run in dual mode (50 and 200). As you can see from the pictures the 50HKZ mode shows where the downriggers balls are. You always know how deep you are fishing.

For the price and features Lowrance is the only option and does some amazing things. I am running the unit on an Airmar B60 thru hull which was an amazing improvement over the stock supplied unit.

The sonar soundings are from the Hump area at Campbell River

Screen009.jpg

Screen011.jpg

Screen013.jpg

Screen014.jpg

Cool dual unit, PW.
Do you know the beam angles for the two frequencies? I know 200khz usually has a narrower beam than 50 khz, which may explain why there is no sign of the downrigger balls on those screen shots. But the amount of clutter on the 50khz screen is a bit distracting. Does the unit have dual gain controls?

Those are great shots. If you run it in manual mode and select your upper and lower levels you would would be able to pick out what kind of fish that you are looking at. The lines are usually doggies. I generally have mine set from 100 - 170 in 170 feet of water and adjust as the water gets deeper.
I run a 112 with the broadband add on with a pair of airmares on a switch. I use a 3 degree for the deep water and a 22 degrees for swallow water.
I never have to wonder if there are springs around. Broadband and airmars are the way to go. It is a bit pricey but in my mind good value.
keep the pictures coming.

Tyee Marine in Campbel River carries Airmar transducers and probally the Tyee marine store in Courtneay as well. Running in manual mode is the only and best which lets you adjust everything with a lot better result then in Auto mode.

With the Airmar transducer I can run at 30-40+ mph and still read bottom, as with the stock transducer I would loose bottom lots and also give very inacurate depths. If you are going to invest a lot a money in the Sonar then spend some more upgrading to an Airmar. You will save on buying a unit without the stock transducer and use that to upgrade.

I couldn't agree more with PW_Homer, lose the stock transducer and get an Airmar. If you have a glass boat invest in an in hull model they provide the best results and are the most durable. I have a welded aluminum boat so I unfortunately had to go with a lower performing bracket model to avoid electrolysis problems. Still it is much improved over the stock transducer.

Long live wild salmon!!!

Back