Lowrance radar error code.

ExFlyGuy

Any experts out there that can help me out? Best I can tell is it's a bearing sensor fault from the limited research I did. It was working last trip but not this trip after hauling it into secret beach.

Attachments

• 20210810_075948.jpg
    20210810_075948.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210811-162005.jpg
    Screenshot_20210811-162005.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210810_080247.jpg
    20210810_080247.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 42
she's done. see if they can fix it under warranty. AFAIK bearing sensor is on the board and you have zero chance of board level repairs on a modern radar pcb with conformal coat on it. if youre VERY lucky you might be able to fix it if its a mechanical fault by pulling it apart and replacing the main drive belt but i doubt it. are you running the radar while on plane ? the vibrations can kill them.

she's done. see if they can fix it under warranty. AFAIK bearing sensor is on the board and you have zero chance of board level repairs on a modern radar pcb with conformal coat on it. if youre VERY lucky you might be able to fix it if its a mechanical fault by pulling it apart and replacing the main drive belt but i doubt it. are you running the radar while on plane ? the vibrations can kill them.

I run it on plane yes. Thick fog the last few trips on the west coast. I think the gravel road into secret beach is what caused it as it was working fine the week before... I can here the unit spinning inside the dome so I don't think it's a belt but I'll pull it apart and see.

Long shot, but I had an error code/message go away on the chart plotter related to the remote antenna module by removing and reinserting the connectors on the back. It was just one of the many pins not making a good contact. Probably not for your nasty problem but it is fast and easy to try.

Last edited:
Back