Lowrance electronics install help

If you end up having an "radar overlay invalid" issue you can PM me. I ended up with that problem last year, no one could diagnose it, i ended up figuring it out on my own, was a NMEA 0183 interference with the DSC radio.
Ok think I followed your thread on that. What did you do with the yellow wake up wires?

In my setup, I wired my 3g yellow wire to an accessory switch , then when radar is needed I just throw switch and it would boot up. Under my helm there is a large power bar with all my gauges going to it for power, using yellow to boot , so I put my remaining yellows direct to it and the fused lines to a bluesea box just like yours.

Never had any issue with overlay using a point one and now the same with precision 9 on the 2000 backbone.

Enjoy

I did the same as Smokey. I installed a network switch in my dash and when I flick it on it powers up my nmea network, my Ethernet hub and wakes my radar all at once. Works good and that way I know for sure that when I turn everything off, it's actually off.

Ok all my lowrance electronics are going into the blue seas blade which will be powered via a dc fuse panel switch which should turn everything on/off. Do you guys think all my yellow wake ups should just be connected with my red positives then?

You could do it that way, I didn't as I didn't think it was necessary. There is no parasitic draw from my experience on the red as long as the yellow isn't powered.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, my set up is now installed. 12” at helm 7” on stern transom. New air mar p66, 3G, point 1, backbone and powered everything from battery to a new blueseas switch with 8g and everything through blueseas fuse block with 14g. Everything seems to be working and networking at this point in my drive way.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone, my set up is now installed. 12” at helm 7” on stern transom. New air mar p66, 3G, point 1, backbone and powered everything from battery to a new blueseas switch with 8g and everything through blueseas fuse block with 14g. Everything seems to be working and networking at this point in my drive way.
Good thread dmurph....it answered one of my questions on what to do with the magic yellow wires....lol. I’ll be going through a similar install in a few weeks hopefully!

Good thread dmurph....it answered one of my questions on what to do with the magic yellow wires....lol. I’ll be going through a similar install in a few weeks hopefully!

Ya you’ll get many different answers on the yellow wire, I called the Canadian lowrance tech line and they said to just connect it with the red positive and run it that way. The only thing I have left to do is wire up my radio to the carbon via NMEA 0183 and calibration of the point one once on water.

The photos all load sideways, but that’s a photo of the switch and blueseas and the other two are the radar connection, I used a Scotty receptacle to cover the phone jack style portion as is seemed breakable. Now it has a little protection.

Back