Lowrance DrivePilot

BigBird007

Crew Member
Wondering if anyone has any recommendations/tips on a location when installing the Auto/Stby button that comes with the Lowrance DrivePilot? How often do you use it?

Thanks

Attachments

• 6BC1151E-DF83-4AFF-97DB-EC8CBB610EEB.jpeg
    6BC1151E-DF83-4AFF-97DB-EC8CBB610EEB.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 35
Ahh so it’s more of a safety switch than something I will use regularly. Thanks!
Depends on the person using it I guess. This is the most used button on my boat.

I mounted mine under the dash to the left of my steering wheel, I never bring autopilot up on the screen, I just point the boat where I want to go and push the button. A quick push of button to disengage and make a turn when required, then push again when boat is pointed where I want it to go.

I also wired in a second button which is outside at the second steering station. That way when fishing alone and I get a bite, I can just quickly point the boat away from the crowd and engage the pilot without going inside.

I use mine quite a bit. It’s mounted on my dash next to the key. I run my AP a ton as I have preset troll patterns depending where I’m at. When it’s time to go, just hit the button, grab the wheel and throttle up.

Depends on the person using it I guess. This is the most used button on my boat.

I mounted mine under the dash to the left of my steering wheel, I never bring autopilot up on the screen, I just point the boat where I want to go and push the button. A quick push of button to disengage and make a turn when required, then push again when boat is pointed where I want it to go.

I also wired in a second button which is outside at the second steering station. That way when fishing alone and I get a bite, I can just quickly point the boat away from the crowd and engage the pilot without going inside.
I agree. I use the button more than the head units for the ap. They are nice because you don't have to look to use it while fishing. Your hand can just find it while working the back deck and turn it on off without removing your attention from whatever your doing. They are nice in the rain too (relative to mucking around with a soaked touch screen).

I agree with the crew above, I use it a lot, very handy button, that and the blue tooth remote is awesome, actually a necessity I feel, makes the AP system way more convenient.

I agree with the crew above, I use it a lot, very handy button, that and the blue tooth remote is awesome, actually a necessity I feel, makes the AP system way more convenient.
I contacted Lowrance to see why they won’t let us use the remote to actually steer with instead of just changing direction by 1-10°. Said it’s a safety issue.

Another great option is get a WR10 Wireless Autopilot remote. Its a small remote control unit that operates using blue tooth so you can engage or disengage, turn or toggle between modes. Works like a hot damn. I have mine on a clip carabiner so it is with me everywhere I go. I could steer the boat back to me if I fell in the water, so there is an added safety benefit.

Thank you gentlemen!

I found a convenient spot for it and in case I want to run a second switch at the back adding the wires while I have it all apart.

Wireless remote has been added to my wish list but I have a few other things on my boat wish list before I get to that.

Excited to get everything installed! This is going to be a game changer fishing with the kids and wife!

I use mine quite a bit. It’s mounted on my dash next to the key. I run my AP a ton as I have preset troll patterns depending where I’m at. When it’s time to go, just hit the button, grab the wheel and throttle up.
How do you set up the troll patterns? I remember a Lowrance video on this but I’ve always had trouble figure out how to get started on the dock to dock autoroutes I’ve set up.

I usually just get to my area and either use zig zag or s turns. The auto routing works it’s just a pain to setup. I’d have to be at the unit while on the water to explain

Thank you gentlemen!

I found a convenient spot for it and in case I want to run a second switch at the back adding the wires while I have it all apart.

Wireless remote has been added to my wish list but I have a few other things on my boat wish list before I get to that.

Excited to get everything installed! This is going to be a game changer fishing with the kids and wife!
I fish a lot with my 7 year old and trying to get him to steer the boat in the wind let to some premature grey hairs. The Bluetooth remote change everything

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations/tips on a location when installing the Auto/Stby button that comes with the Lowrance DrivePilot? How often do you use it?

Thanks
If you are running on autopilot there are any number of reasons why one might want to disengage an autopilot and take control of the steering. Put it somewhere you can access it quickly/easily while driving the boat.

I contacted Lowrance to see why they won’t let us use the remote to actually steer with instead of just changing direction by 1-10°. Said it’s a safety issue.
I have the remote and use it to steer per say by adjusting the course, it’s pretty easy. It’s honestly a game changer adding it to your ap.

Back