Lord Stanley's tournament

Well, the inevitable happened last night. Crawford stole a game and the Blues woke up to play a game.
Watching the Hawks is like watching your dog go downhill. You know it is over.
Canucks, on the other hand, could pull it off.

The Blues only showed up in the third, the OT was pretty even with both goalies making big saves. The Canucks remind me of the Hawks a dozen years ago: a rapidly maturing group of hot forwards, a hyperspeed D-man and a very keen supporting cast. They've got a ton of hustle, anything could happen. Oh, and Petterson is already showing more toughness than both Sedins put together.

They are in trouble with Myers out. He could handle their physical wingers. Stetcher May be game but he his size is being exposed

Agree the Blues are focusing on Stetcher and with last change it will be difficult to contain ROR. Myers was mostly getting the job done on ROR and Stetcher being overplayed, the defence and Markstrom will again have their hands full.
Funny no mention that with Myers out ROR has become a major factor. Coincidence?
Hoping for the best but Ericsson and Virtanen need to get their heads around playoff hockey. The Canucks will need to be at their best. Not disappointed no matter what the final result is as the Canucks are a young team learning what it takes.

Im a big canucks fan but my blood boils because stecher and edler are both ballerinas on the ice and very very very soft on the puck/player, edler takes horrible penalties because he is slow and out of shape, Troy is not strong enough YET nor does he have the puck smarts to play in the playoffs right now. So I really hope they change up the plays from the last 2 games, because they didnt change a thing the "dump and chase" strategy has long been figured out by st louis.

Agree the Blues are focusing on Stetcher and with last change it will be difficult to contain ROR. Myers was mostly getting the job done on ROR and Stetcher being overplayed, the defence and Markstrom will again have their hands full.
Funny no mention that with Myers out ROR has become a major factor. Coincidence?
Hoping for the best but Ericsson and Virtanen need to get their heads around playoff hockey. The Canucks will need to be at their best. Not disappointed no matter what the final result is as the Canucks are a young team learning what it takes.
It’s time to walk away from Virtanen. He’s an RFA with arbitration rights like Hutton was.

It’s time to walk away from Virtanen. He’s an RFA with arbitration rights like Hutton was.
Yep he’s gonna go. It sucks because I can imagine him striving wherever he goes but it’s not gonna change if he stays here

What a game. What a series! Definitely the most interesting of all of them. Motte found out where the net is and great play by everyone. Hope edler is ok

I have not been watching much tv, much less full hockey games for awhile.
I am into this series though, and what a show from Motte! He has wheels, hands and takes abuse in stride. Fun to watch.
I was very worried when they put up that Markstrom has only allowed a maximum of 3 goals in this series when it was 3 - 1.
Usually the kiss of death, but then he puts on a show. All over the place! Lots of drama.
I am hooked!

finally played the same way st.louis plays! hard hitting, go at them and dont back off or down, keep pressuring. Force shots through no matter what, toss it at the net and good things happen. 1 more hopefully... then next round.

Yeah that was a wild game to watch. I watched the first couple of periods on my laptop on the back deck and was keeping my neighbourhood in the loop by helpfully cheering or swearing as necessary but for the third I put it up on the big TV because it was such a good game I wanted my wife to see it.

She is still in the recently-pregnant hormonal phase and was saddened to tears for the Canucks that there were no fans there to watch them. But other than that, it was well received. Sure hoping they can win one more in this series...although in my heart of hearts, what I want is for them to go all the way, just so Toronto has to watch the repatriation of a certain silvery object at the hands of a Canadian team, in Toronto...but it's not the Leafs.

KB...Edler plays the most minutes on the team, is the oldest player and apparently can still log big minutes because of his conditioning. He may not be as fast as he once was or as Quinn but he is still plays against the top lines on the opposing teams and is why he takes more penalties than the others....more time on the ice...playing against the other teams #1 line and #1 powerplay = more penalties. His job is to limit the other teams #1 line to a few chances as possible...if the nucks win a game....he did just that.

KB...Edler plays the most minutes on the team, is the oldest player and apparently can still log big minutes because of his conditioning. He may not be as fast as he once was or as Quinn but he is still plays against the top lines on the opposing teams and is why he takes more penalties than the others....more time on the ice...playing against the other teams #1 line and #1 powerplay = more penalties. His job is to limit the other teams #1 line to a few chances as possible...if the nucks win a game....he did just that.

I understand your point and yes he does play major mins but at the same time other guys in the league play the same amount and don't take stupid penalties ,spin around like a ballerina, play soft against top lines etc. He is ready to be put out to pasture IMO, well past his prime I get why they kept him for leadership but at the same time hes a hindrance and liability to the team winning.

Virtanen has the same shot as Boeser. Once he matures mentally and stops the party, he has the size, the hits and snipe to play the long grind. We need more tough talent and less softies.

Virtanen has the same shot as Boeser. Once he matures mentally and stops the party, he has the size, the hits and snipe to play the long grind. We need more tough talent and less softies.
Yeah but he’s a PR nightmare and banged peteys girl so probably got some dressing room conflicts. Who knows.... might be time to throw him in on a trade

Yeah but he’s a PR nightmare and banged peteys girl so probably got some dressing room conflicts. Who knows.... might be time to throw him in on a trade
What's your source on Virtanen and Petey's girlfriend? If so he's done.

Back